Voicemail sometimes does not hang up...

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Eric P

Voicemail sometimes does not hang up...

Post by Eric P » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:59 am

I have noticed this a couple few times over the past couple weeks or so, though not every time, when a call goes to voicemail...

The call comes in, I decide to screen the call... voice mail picks up, the caller leaves their message and they hang up... However, ooma remains connected... after a short pause, ooma voicemail says it has recorded the message and says "goodbye," but despite this, it stays connected for about a minute or so... Eventually, it does hang up, but in the mean time, the line is busy.

Weird!

Eric

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: Voicemail sometimes does not hang up...

Post by Dennis P » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:01 pm

That IS weird. Can you e-mail me an approximate timestamp of when this last occurred (or next time it occurs) and we can analyze what is going on?

mrbig

Post by mrbig » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:01 am

This has happened to me also. I'm usually at work when messages come in but I noticed this on one occasion when I let the system pick up the call.

Eric P

Post by Eric P » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:12 am

Hi Dennis,

I just discovered I posted this thread and your replied... over a year ago. What I described above has not happened in ages now... I think it was resolved with the update early this year. Aside from a couple quirks here and there, I really have not had any problems with Ooma since then, and when they do and I come on here and see they were recognized, I do not post. I figure you guys are on it and that seems to be the case as whatever it is tends to go away and never returns.

I am still hoping for a true iPhone app for the lounge though, especially in light that even Comcast has one now.

-Eric