Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#85226 by jbaugh
Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:04 am
I have had excellent experience with Ooma in the 6 or 7 months I've been using my Ooma Telo. Recently I've noted that there is one local phone number that I cannot call from Ooma. It is a local grocery store. Calls go through fine with my cell phone. But calls initiated with Ooma result in no ringing tone– just silence. The calls apparently result in ringing at the grocery store but when they answer there is dead air.

I can't imagine why this one number cannot be accessed from my Ooma device. The number is 801-825-9xxx.

So far I haven't found any other numbers that can't be called from my Ooma.

John
#85227 by thunderbird
Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:23 am
jbaugh:
Do you have ten digit call enabled at https://my.ooma.com/system, if you don't go there now and enable ten digit calling.

Have you tried calling the number with a 1 in front of 801-825-9xxx? Remember that all regular calls within the USA are free with Ooma.

Try calling with a *99 or *98 or *96 in front of the number.

Try calling with a # after the number.

When you call the store number with your cell phone, have the store number call your Ooma number see if it rings through to you.
#85310 by jbaugh
Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:33 pm
I have ten digit dialing enabled.
I've tried dialing with and without the "1" in front of the number with the same failed results.

DIALING THE NUMBER WITH *99 in front of the number FIXES THE PROBLEM and the call goes through normally.

I don't know exactly what this means but at least it gives me an option to try with this number and any future number that gives me problems.

It is of considerable interest to note that my friend who has the Ooma Scout has the same result (failure) when he tries to call this number from his Ooma when he dials without any prefixes.

John
#85312 by thunderbird
Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:56 pm
jbaugh wrote:I have ten digit dialing enabled.
I've tried dialing with and without the "1" in front of the number with the same failed results.

DIALING THE NUMBER WITH *99 in front of the number FIXES THE PROBLEM and the call goes through normally.

I don't know exactly what this means but at least it gives me an option to try with this number and any future number that gives me problems.

It is of considerable interest to note that my friend who has the Ooma Scout has the same result (failure) when he tries to call this number from his Ooma when he dials without any prefixes.

John

Even now since you have a "work around", I'd contact Ooma Customer Support and let them know what's happening. Be sure to let them know you can get through using *99.

Let us know how you come out. Thanks.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST