Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#84842 by psmsmallengines
Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:16 am
Called my house this a.m. and call went right to ooma voicemail. I have it set for a lot of rings so my original answering machine will pick it up, this is the first time this has ever happned to me, but I called back seconds later and it rang like it normally does and my wife picked up call. Has this ever happned to anyone else? I'm thinking just a fluke with this. It was pretty cool though as I got a text almost instantly from ooma, so at least I know that works! :D
#84847 by thunderbird
Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:30 am
psmsmallengines wrote:Called my house this a.m. and call went right to ooma voicemail. I have it set for a lot of rings so my original answering machine will pick it up, this is the first time this has ever happned to me, but I called back seconds later and it rang like it normally does and my wife picked up call. Has this ever happned to anyone else? I'm thinking just a fluke with this. It was pretty cool though as I got a text almost instantly from ooma, so at least I know that works! :D

Maybe Ooma was updating your firmware?
#84874 by psmsmallengines
Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:39 pm
They might have been, This afternoon I unplugged the telo and let if stay that way for about three or four minutes. And now I am getting calls as before people were telling me they could not get through, they would get a recording saying my number was not in service when indeed it was. I called my old carrier and someone listend and did something about it. Liking the Ooma a lot better now! :D
#84884 by thunderbird
Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:51 am
psmsmallengines wrote:They might have been, This afternoon I unplugged the telo and let if stay that way for about three or four minutes. And now I am getting calls as before people were telling me they could not get through, they would get a recording saying my number was not in service when indeed it was. I called my old carrier and someone listend and did something about it. Liking the Ooma a lot better now! :D

You did the right things.

An Ooma reboot often cures many problems and is the first thing that should be done if experiencing Ooma problems. And if you unplug the Ooma device for about 15 minutes, the Ooma servers reload your profile, and then plug in your Ooma device again.