Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#84784 by psmsmallengines
Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:08 pm
When I try to call my home phone(Which is now Ooma) I get a recording saying the number you have reached XXX-XXXX in area code XXX...Is not in service, But, if I try to call from my cellphone, No Problem!!! Works great!!! Why? I had a friend call me from the next town over who is on the same phone company that I used to be on, The call came through. However, a friend who lives here in town, sort of near where I work could not call me, he got the same recording. He too is on my old carrier as is my employer. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this. I called Ooma customer service and you can guess the rest, Long, Long, Long, Long wait on the phone and the issue is not fixed, the rep said she Bumped it up as far as priority goes but that means nothing as they have told me that before with the issue with my handset and a porting issue. I'd like to hear from anyone else who has had this issue. Thanks.
#84805 by lbmofo
Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:16 am
It has happened to other folks before with Verizon, Vonage, and other carriers after they port their number out. Once a number ports out, the losing carrier in question needs to remove a certain record from their intra-company routing table (otherwise still thinks the number is their own when trying to route a call and can't).
#84835 by lbmofo
Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:45 pm
If it is on Ooma's end, then cell phone wouldn't work either so they are wrong. You just need to call back until you find someone who knows what they are doing.
#84882 by psmsmallengines
Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:37 am
Thanks! I am liking all the "Easter Eggs" I am finding with it, example, I got another call from some telemarketer that keeps leaving messages say that we talked the day before about doing some type of loan, blah, blah, blah. As the ooma ad says, give'm the heisman by blocking them, and thats exactly what I did! Plus all the other bells and whistles. Now I cant wait until my New Handset comes in, I just hope I have better luck with this one then I did with the previous toe that I had to send back. Thanks again and thanks for a great forum so we can solve our problems we may have with the ooma, or help us to understand stuff a little better.