Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#84755 by MsCoulter
Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:58 am
Suddenly I couldn't retreive voicemail from my hub. I rebooted the ooma and the red lights get stuck and it will not go online anymore. My entire Internet connection was down until I removed the ooma from the loop. Am I the only one to experience this today? If so, that means that my ooma hub only lasted a year and a half.
#84762 by thunderbird
Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:47 am
MsCoulter wrote:Suddenly I couldn't retreive voicemail from my hub. I rebooted the ooma and the red lights get stuck and it will not go online anymore. My entire Internet connection was down until I removed the ooma from the loop. Am I the only one to experience this today? If so, that means that my ooma hub only lasted a year and a half.

I don't know if it's been storm damage or power surges, but there have been some Hub/Scout problems lately. See the following threads as to what other people are trying.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12053

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12093
#84767 by MsCoulter
Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:18 pm
Hello Thunder,

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. I changed the order of devices and put the ooma hub last so it is now using a port on my router and it now works. I also changed cables and used my own high quality network cable instead of the ribbon cable that comes with the ooma, so it could be the cable or the HOME port on the ooma which is no longer used in this configuration. Further testing would be needed to confirm what exactly went wrong, but for the moment, I am just happy to have my phone system back. The scout and all phones are working...thanks again!