Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#84628 by AZGuyJoe
Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:53 am
I was talking to someone today and I suddenly got disconnected. I figured he screwed up on his end.
When I called him back he said that I disappeared and he got a message asking him to set his voicemail greeting.
He hung up.
I later discovered that the message he got was from ooma for my voicemail greeting.
How in the world...????
#84633 by thunderbird
Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:03 am
AZGuyJoe wrote:I was talking to someone today and I suddenly got disconnected. I figured he screwed up on his end.
When I called him back he said that I disappeared and he got a message asking him to set his voicemail greeting.
He hung up.
I later discovered that the message he got was from ooma for my voicemail greeting.
How in the world...????

Check for the version of Ooma Telo firmware that you have by Dialing *#*#001. The firmware version audio comes out of your Ooma Telo Speaker after dialing *#*#001 in one of your phones.

The latest Ooma Telo Firmware Update 47785, is just starting to be "pushed" out to the Ooma Telo customers, by Ooma. It take about three weeks to be downloaded to all Ooma Telo customers.

It will be insteresting to know if you have the latest Firmware. If you do it may be causing your problem?

If you just received the latest Ooma firmware, or if you are having any QoS problems, try this:
Power off the Ooma device for fifteen minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.

Note: This procedure only reloads your existing profile; it won't initiate downloading or updating the latest firmware. Ooma controls how and when the firmware is "pushed" to each Ooma Telo user.

let us know how you come out.
#84634 by AZGuyJoe
Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:13 am
I have a hub.
I know, I know...but I needed a fax line and you couldn't do that with a Telo.
I've also been told by people that I call that my voice will skip - like a lost packet or something.
I'd upgrade to a Telo but I still need the fax line.
#84636 by thunderbird
Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:58 am
AZGuyJoe wrote:I have a hub.
I know, I know...but I needed a fax line and you couldn't do that with a Telo.
I've also been told by people that I call that my voice will skip - like a lost packet or something.
I'd upgrade to a Telo but I still need the fax line.

Do you have MAC address Spoofing turned off in your Hub? Many times this will help. This is done by changing MAC address from Automatic, to Use Built In, in Ooma Setup.
#84670 by AZGuyJoe
Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:24 am
Thanks for the reply thunderbird.
It's setup to use built in. Nothing has changed in the two years I've had it installed.
I'm thinking the situation with my friend accessing my voicemail set up was a one time glitch that I won't figure out unless it keeps happening.
The packet loss thing just started a month or two ago. It's also irregular, but I've been told by more than one person about it.
#84672 by thunderbird
Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:19 am
AZGuyJoe wrote:Thanks for the reply thunderbird.
It's setup to use built in. Nothing has changed in the two years I've had it installed.
I'm thinking the situation with my friend accessing my voicemail set up was a one time glitch that I won't figure out unless it keeps happening.
The packet loss thing just started a month or two ago. It's also irregular, but I've been told by more than one person about it.

Maybe your Modem or Internet provider is causing the packet loss problem? Below are some things that you can try, when you have time, to try to isolate the problem.

Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing. Then click on the Advance tab on the lower left side, and post the following values here in this thread, by clicking on "Quote" in the upper right hand corner of this post. Then fill in the blanks.

Download Speed: ________________
Upload Seed: ________________
Download Consistency of Service ________
Upload Consistency of Service _________
Maximum TCP Delay _____________
Jitter you server __________
Jitter server you _________
Packet loss: you server_______
Packet loss: server you ______
Packet discards _________
Packets out of order _________
Estimated MOS score ________

Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ again, but only when you are having Ooma phone voice quality (packet loss) problems. This time click on Graph at the left side of the window. Go down to the lower left side of the page, where it says Plot. Make sure Download speed is selected.

Looking at the red graph line, if the red graph lines are evenly spaced and the up and down strokes are even going across the page from left to right, and are placed normally in the lower quarter of the graph page, this is normal.

But if some of the red graph lines are widely spaced, and some of the red graph lines go to the top of the graph page, and look like they would go right out through the top of your computer screen if possible, than there is a problem with the Internet provider signal or the modem.

Do the same for Upload speed.

If you have the wide and tall red graph lines in either the upload or download setting, sometimes the connection to the Internet provider is poor. Ttry rebooting the Modem and see if the red graph line problem improves. Repeat until you see improvement. This procedure has worked for me when I have traveled with the Ooma and had poor Internet provider connections.