Contact list stored in non Ooma phone

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Mikeinva

Contact list stored in non Ooma phone

Post by Mikeinva » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi,
I love the quality of the service Ooma provides, however, our original dect 6.0 cordless phone has a stored contact list. When we try to utilize the list to call someone, we only get a busy signal and the call will not go through. Anyone have a suggestion or do I need to purchase the Ooma handset?

thanks,
Mike

thunderbird

Re: Contact list stored in non Ooma phone

Post by thunderbird » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:41 pm

Mikeinva wrote:Hi,
I love the quality of the service Ooma provides, however, our original dect 6.0 cordless phone has a stored contact list. When we try to utilize the list to call someone, we only get a busy signal and the call will not go through. Anyone have a suggestion or do I need to purchase the Ooma handset?

thanks,
Mike
Something isn't setup correctly.

We have Panasonic phones with stored phone numbers that works fine.

Try putting a number in your DECT 6.0 phone with a 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx format, and test.

Remember that Oomo calls in the USA aren't long distance, no matter how they are dialed.

Also go to My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/system and enable ten digit dialling. It may slow your dialing out, but by adding a # after the number, it will go through normally. (Don't add the # in you DECT 6.0 stored number).

Mikeinva

Re: Contact list stored in non Ooma phone

Post by Mikeinva » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:56 pm

Great! It works! Thanks so much for your help!

Mike :D