Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#83395 by Mikeinva
Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:32 pm
Hi,
I love the quality of the service Ooma provides, however, our original dect 6.0 cordless phone has a stored contact list. When we try to utilize the list to call someone, we only get a busy signal and the call will not go through. Anyone have a suggestion or do I need to purchase the Ooma handset?

thanks,
Mike
#83396 by thunderbird
Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:41 pm
Mikeinva wrote:Hi,
I love the quality of the service Ooma provides, however, our original dect 6.0 cordless phone has a stored contact list. When we try to utilize the list to call someone, we only get a busy signal and the call will not go through. Anyone have a suggestion or do I need to purchase the Ooma handset?

thanks,
Mike

Something isn't setup correctly.

We have Panasonic phones with stored phone numbers that works fine.

Try putting a number in your DECT 6.0 phone with a 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx format, and test.

Remember that Oomo calls in the USA aren't long distance, no matter how they are dialed.

Also go to My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/system and enable ten digit dialling. It may slow your dialing out, but by adding a # after the number, it will go through normally. (Don't add the # in you DECT 6.0 stored number).