Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#83339 by Lola
Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:58 pm
I have the old hub (no Telo, no google voice extensions) and premier service.

When people call my google voice number it rings on my ooma home phone. When I pick up I get a prompt "to accept the call press one". For some reason even though I press one it goes to voice mail, it acts as if it doesnt recognize my press. I remember this used to work before, now I cannot receive incoming calls to my google voice number.
#83341 by lbmofo
Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:06 pm
If you have multi-ring enabled on your Ooma, disable that and try.
#83373 by Lola
Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:10 am
Thank you so much for the reply. It actually worked when I turned off multi-ring. But the main reason I subscribe to premiere is the multi-ring, so this solution is not going to work for me. So I take it ooma is somehow filtering out the one click press so it doesnt make it to GV. I am sure it used to work, before I used to receive incoming GV calls.

Is this a known bug that might be fixed in the future?
#83389 by lbmofo
Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:30 pm
Lola wrote:Thank you so much for the reply. It actually worked when I turned off multi-ring. But the main reason I subscribe to premiere is the multi-ring, so this solution is not going to work for me. So I take it ooma is somehow filtering out the one click press so it doesnt make it to GV. I am sure it used to work, before I used to receive incoming GV calls.

Is this a known bug that might be fixed in the future?

I just found out about this behavior by chance the other day. When multi-ring is enabled, the tone press xmitted to GV doesn't get recognized (trying to add a Ooma number to GV). If pressing the tone via the multi-ring'ed cell phone GV did recognize the key presses. I don't know why this behavior is the way it is. I think the workaround is to disable the call screening on the GV end or answer using multi-ring'ed phone.