Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#82890 by bukzin
Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:41 pm
Hi, I signed up for Premier but under 'My Ooma' it is showing 'basic'.

I want to send all calls to my 2nd number directly to VM and it seems I need
that Premier status to do so.

Is that correct?

How do I get my account updated?

Thanks again
#82891 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:42 pm
Call customer service before 5pm PST. 1-888-711-OOMA.

But I am wondering how you got a 2nd number without being Premier?

Even with Premier and 2 numbers, sending 2nd number to VM, you'd need to make the 2nd number private, which means you'd need a partner device (Scout if Hub, Telo handset if Telo).
#82896 by bukzin
Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:26 pm
Is there another way to separate my 2 phone numbers so I can configure them differently?

Any work-around besides buying the Telo cordless handset?

PS, I am premier
#82898 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:29 pm
There isn't a way to treat shared numbers differently. Only way to do what you want is to assign your 2nd number to a personal/private device.
#82969 by lbmofo
Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:22 pm
Another thread just jolted my memory.....

Bobby B wrote:You can now setup unique forwarding numbers for each of the numbers on a single device in Preferences->Calling

viewtopic.php?t=8776#p61410

Since you can setup unique forwards for each of the numbers in your account, I tried something to see if what you want can be done. Since I know that if you call your primary number from 2ndary number, you'd be brought to VM without ringing the phone, I tried setting up 2ndary number to forward to primary number. But no dice. Here is what I get: "You cannot assign one of your own numbers as a forwarding number."

The GV workaround mentioned here still works though: viewtopic.php?t=11812#p82900
#82977 by forceman
Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:25 pm
You can also forward your 2nd number to GV and have GV sent to Google VM.