Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#82563 by susie0711
Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:05 am
I have had my Ooma system for at least 4 years without a problem. All of a sudden I can not place out going calls to certain numbes. I get a dial tone and dial the number. I hear silance on my end but the person I'm call the phone rings. I unplugged my Ooma device and then tried again and I could call my cell phone number but not to my work. Please help!
#82578 by grecni
Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:03 am
I'm having the same problem, have not called ooma support yet.
#82579 by thunderbird
Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:12 am
This is probably an Ooma problem since two people are having the very same problem at the same time.

But just to make sure Un-power the Modem, Ooma, and Router.
Then Repower you Modem, when that's done powering, power your Ooma or Router, which ever is next in line, than repower the last device, and test.

If you are still having problems contact customer support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#83103 by worldtraveler
Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:28 am
I'm having the same problem too. It started about a month ago, and I've had OOMA for over a year without any problems. Until yesterday, I never realized it actually rang on the other end I just thought the call never went through. It is happening everytime I call my office (they use VOIP service). I work from home so I am calling different extensions constantly. Some work, most don't. Today I called a family member who also uses a VOIP service (none of these are OOMA by the way), and it did the same thing. For those experiencing this problem, is it only when calling another VOIP user, or land lines & cells too? When ever I've had this problem, I make the call from my cell instead and get through just fine. Unfortunately now I am using up a lot of cell minutes (I don't have unlimited) so I've got to get this situation resolved. I did the whole power/unpower thing suggested below with no success.
#83105 by thunderbird
Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:41 am
worldtraveler wrote:I'm having the same problem too. It started about a month ago, and I've had OOMA for over a year without any problems. Until yesterday, I never realized it actually rang on the other end I just thought the call never went through. It is happening everytime I call my office (they use VOIP service). I work from home so I am calling different extensions constantly. Some work, most don't. Today I called a family member who also uses a VOIP service (none of these are OOMA by the way), and it did the same thing. For those experiencing this problem, is it only when calling another VOIP user, or land lines & cells too? When ever I've had this problem, I make the call from my cell instead and get through just fine. Unfortunately now I am using up a lot of cell minutes (I don't have unlimited) so I've got to get this situation resolved. I did the whole power/unpower thing suggested below with no success.

Your problem could be an Ooma problem or other VoIP provider(s) problem. Your phone number probably has been dropped out of someone's data base. You need to take a two pronged approach to this problem.

Call Ooma Customer Service:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Also to work both ends of this problem, have the other parties that you are trying to call, call their phone service provider and complain that your calls won't go through to their phone numbers.
#83213 by ZohMom
Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:53 am
I just started having the same problem this morning. I was in the middle of a conversation and phone went dead. When I tried to call the person back I could get a dial tone but after I dialed the number it wouldn't ring. I used my cell phone to call my Ooma phone and I could here it ring on my cell but not on the Ooma phone. After several rings I got my voicemail. When I checked the call logs on line none of those calls showed up. But the person I was talking to when we got cut off was able to leave me a voicemail. I did get the phone to work again by unplugging my Telo, modem and router for 30 seconds. But while I was talking we got cut off again and I was unable to make or receive calls again just like before. Unplugged everything AGAIN and phone works. But for how long. >:-(
#83214 by thunderbird
Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:09 am
ZohMom wrote:I just started having the same problem this morning. I was in the middle of a conversation and phone went dead. When I tried to call the person back I could get a dial tone but after I dialed the number it wouldn't ring. I used my cell phone to call my Ooma phone and I could here it ring on my cell but not on the Ooma phone. After several rings I got my voicemail. When I checked the call logs on line none of those calls showed up. But the person I was talking to when we got cut off was able to leave me a voicemail. I did get the phone to work again by unplugging my Telo, modem and router for 30 seconds. But while I was talking we got cut off again and I was unable to make or receive calls again just like before. Unplugged everything AGAIN and phone works. But for how long. >:-(

First:
Powering off the Ooma device for 15 minutes and then bringing it back online gives enough time for the VPN profile to reinitialize on the Ooma server-side.

Next:
If you continue to have problems:
Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing, click on the Advance tab on the lower left and post the following here in this thread:
Download Speed: ________________
Upload Seed: ________________
Download Consistency of Service ________
Upload Consistency of Service _________
Maximum TCP Delay _____________
Jitter you server __________
Jitter server you _________
Packet loss: you server_______
Packet loss: server you ______
Packet discards _________
Packets out of order _________
Estimated MOS score ________
#83333 by bgn
Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:52 pm
Speed test statistics

---------------------

Download speed: 6928 kbps

Upload speed: 694 kbps

Download consistency of service: 69 %

Upload consistency of service: 60 %

Download test type: socket

Upload test type: socket

Maximum TCP delay: 174 ms

Average download pause: 2 ms

Minimum round trip time to server: 71 ms

Average round trip time to server: 75 ms

Estimated download bandwidth: 8800 kbps

Route concurrency: 1.2700773

Download TCP forced idle: 21 %

Maximum route speed: 7384 kbps

VoIP test statistics

--------------------

Jitter: you --> server: 4.1 ms

Jitter: server --> you: 1.2 ms

Packet loss: you --> server: 3.2 %

Packet loss: server --> you: 0.0 %

Packet discards: 0.0 %

Packets out of order: 0.0 %

Estimated MOS score: 1.0
#83340 by thunderbird
Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:03 pm
bgn wrote:Speed test statistics
Download speed: 6928 kbps

Upload speed: 694 kbps

Download consistency of service: 69 %........(usually around 80% but should work)

Upload consistency of service: 60 %...........(usually around 80% but should work)

Download test type: socket

Upload test type: socket

Maximum TCP delay: 174 ms....................(Should be 100 or less)

Average download pause: 2 ms

Minimum round trip time to server: 71 ms

Average round trip time to server: 75 ms

Estimated download bandwidth: 8800 kbps

Route concurrency: 1.2700773

Download TCP forced idle: 21 %

Maximum route speed: 7384 kbps

VoIP test statistics

--------------------

Jitter: you --> server: 4.1 ms

Jitter: server --> you: 1.2 ms

Packet loss: you --> server: 3.2 %...........Packet Loss should be zero, Not good)

Packet loss: server --> you: 0.0 %

Packet discards: 0.0 %

Packets out of order: 0.0 %

Estimated MOS score: 1.0...................Should be around 4.0)

Packet loss: you --> server: 3.2 %...........Packet Loss should be zero.

Could be a Modem problem?

Estimated MOS score: 1.0.............should be around 4.0.

Are you using DSL?

How is your Ooma Connected, Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router Ooma?

You didn't say what your problem was?
#83351 by bgn
Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:24 pm
Im having the same issue as the others posted in this thread. Not dialing out mostly local numbers. Get a ooma tone dial the number and silence. Basically modem router ooma. Service has been great up until the last week or so when this started.
I've got a ticket number with Ooma, was having isp issues so have to call back to try to resolve.