Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#81401 by rocketman1622
Sat May 14, 2011 10:53 am
My telo will not play back voice mail anymore. I can access voice mail through the computer without any problem. I do have premire service if that matters. I press the play button and absolutely nothing happens. Can someone give me some advice?
#81402 by highq
Sat May 14, 2011 10:57 am
rocketman1622 wrote:My telo will not play back voice mail anymore. I can access voice mail through the computer without any problem. I do have premire service if that matters. I press the play button and absolutely nothing happens. Can someone give me some advice?

You don't tell us whether or not you have stepped through the volume settings. Have you?
#81404 by thunderbird
Sat May 14, 2011 10:59 am
rocketman1622 wrote:My telo will not play back voice mail anymore. I can access voice mail through the computer without any problem. I do have premire service if that matters. I press the play button and absolutely nothing happens. Can someone give me some advice?

When you press any button on the Ooma Telo, can you hear beeps or voice prompts? Press the upper left hand row volume button and listen for it counting one to four.
#81428 by rocketman1622
Sat May 14, 2011 6:28 pm
Actually, whenever I press a button, the center ooma logo turns like a pink or red color. The play button turns to blue and stops blinking. I tried to touch the speaker button up top but I don't hear anything at all. The only thing that happens is the ooma logo changes color for a second. I have unplugged it hoping it would reset itself but that hasn't helped.
#81430 by lbmofo
Sat May 14, 2011 6:30 pm
rocketman1622 wrote:Actually, whenever I press a button, the center ooma logo turns like a pink or red color. The play button turns to blue and stops blinking. I tried to touch the speaker button up top but I don't hear anything at all. The only thing that happens is the ooma logo changes color for a second. I have unplugged it hoping it would reset itself but that hasn't helped.

Sounds like you need to power cycle your Ooma.
#81432 by nn5i
Sat May 14, 2011 8:53 pm
lbmofo wrote:
rocketman1622 wrote:I have unplugged it hoping it would reset itself but that hasn't helped.

Sounds like you need to power cycle your Ooma.

Actually it sounds as if he has power cycled it. I'm guessing his speaker has failed. Failures are not uncommon in small speakers like that; I have replaced at least five such speakers in the last five years, in radio transceivers and in wireless telephones, but not in an Ooma device, knock on wood. For the radios I now buy speakers ten at a time so as to have spares. I have a lot of communications radios mounted in vehicles.
#81491 by rocketman1622
Sun May 15, 2011 3:37 pm
To power cycle it, all you do is unplug it for a minute and then plug it back in, correct? I have done that a few times. This sucks if my speaker is shot already.
#81492 by lbmofo
Sun May 15, 2011 3:52 pm
rocketman1622 wrote:To power cycle it, all you do is unplug it for a minute and then plug it back in, correct? I have done that a few times. This sucks if my speaker is shot already.

Seems like you've done that...power cord unplugged for a few and then plug back in.
#81494 by thunderbird
Sun May 15, 2011 4:46 pm
rocketman1622 wrote:Actually, whenever I press a button, the center ooma logo turns like a pink or red color. The play button turns to blue and stops blinking. I tried to touch the speaker button up top but I don't hear anything at all. The only thing that happens is the ooma logo changes color for a second. I have unplugged it hoping it would reset itself but that hasn't helped.

This sounds more like a software problem. I wonder if you would contact Ooma Customer Support, if they could repush/reload the current Ooma Telo firmware version 45073 to you. It might be worth a try.

By the way, do you have the latest Firmware version 45073?

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Let us know how you come out.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests