Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#80849 by ajw522
Fri May 06, 2011 8:38 pm
This is mainly for the moderators, but I'm curious to know if others have the same problem. There is one specific number (a Google Voice Number) that I cannot call from my Ooma. I get a "number not in service" error, yet when I call from my cell phone, the call goes through fine. I think its a problem with Ooma's Carrier's Routing Tables...anyone have advice?

Thanks in advance!

Alex
#80862 by thunderbird
Sat May 07, 2011 2:15 am
Some people have had success using *98 1-xxx-xxx-xxx for Ooma Telo's, or *99 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx.

It probably best to give Ooma Customer Support a call:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Let us know how you come out.
#80932 by ajw522
Sun May 08, 2011 6:22 pm
Well, after spending an hour on the phone with incompetent Level 1 and Level 2 service reps at Ooma, I got nowhere. They refused to acknowledge that it could be an Ooma Carrier routing problem and tried to say it was Google Voice causing the issues, even though I had already pointed out that I could call other GV numbers with no problem. In the end, I requested a Level 3 rep (in America) and was told they don't work on weekends. So I'll call back Monday.

Alex
#81025 by ajw522
Mon May 09, 2011 11:22 pm
watchdog wrote:I had the same problem calling a Google voice number, and got it resolved by filling
out this form provided by Google voice.

It took about a week, but they fixed it.

Here is the link to the form,
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... cnY5Rmc6MA

I'll submit that form and see what happens. Didn't have a chance to call Ooma today, so this is worth a shot! Thanks for the link!

Alex