Busy signals on outgoing calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
thunderbird

Re: Busy signals on outgoing calls

Post by thunderbird » Tue May 24, 2011 2:00 pm

Have you contacted Ooma Customer Service and reported the problem? They will want the phone number that you are calling and day and time of the call.

Others have had the person being called report the problem to their phone company, complaining that the call from your number can't get through.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

dclark61

Post by dclark61 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:35 am

I've been having this problem getting a busy signal, when dialing one specific number. I've contacted Ooma Technical Support numerous times about it. They often promise "I will get back to you no later than tomorrow," then I don't hear back so I write them again, then they either say "I am still gathering information from (call logs etc.)" or they ask me AGAIN to provide a datetime stamp of my latest attempt. This has been going on for a month so far, with no resolution.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:15 am

dclark61 wrote:I've been having this problem getting a busy signal, when dialing one specific number. I've contacted Ooma Technical Support numerous times about it. They often promise "I will get back to you no later than tomorrow," then I don't hear back so I write them again, then they either say "I am still gathering information from (call logs etc.)" or they ask me AGAIN to provide a datetime stamp of my latest attempt. This has been going on for a month so far, with no resolution.
Can you call the number with your cell phone without a problem?

Maybe if you work this problem from the other end, you may have success. Have the party that you are calling, call their phone service provider, and have them tell their phone service provider that you can't get through to their phone number. Sometimes that works?

dclark61

Post by dclark61 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:22 am

Yes, I can call that number from a cell phone without a problem.

Might try the approach you mentioned, though the number is actually that of a business office, so it might be tough to do.

Sure would be helpful if Ooma Tech Support would be of some assistance.

Thanks.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:15 pm

Lately when recieving a busy signal during an outbound call, dialing *99 (may have echo also) for an Ooma Telo or Ooma Hub works for some people.
Dialing *98 or *96 also may help for Ooma Telos.

What helped me when I had this probelme lately, was to power off the Ooma device for twenty minutes, then repower the Ooma device. It only lasted for about a day, then the problem returned and I has to do the power off 20 minutes procedure again.

Also try this: Dial *#*#298 - Force configuration sync with Ooma servers.

After I reported the problem to Ooma Customer support, my Ooma phone system seemed to return to normal after a couple of days.

I still have the Robotic Voice issue yet though.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST