Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#80578 by congi
Sun May 01, 2011 8:50 pm
Team,

I cannot dial out through my cordless phone.. I also hooked up a simple corded handset phone.. still no lunch.

I can dial into the ooma phone number from my cell phone. And I can hear the cell phone --> Ooma phone. However Ooma phone to cell phone there is no audio.

They be two seperate issues. But issues that need to be resolved, as my Ooma is useless to me right now.
#80581 by EA PA
Mon May 02, 2011 3:50 am
congi wrote:Team,

I cannot dial out through my cordless phone.. I also hooked up a simple corded handset phone.. still no lunch.

I can dial into the ooma phone number from my cell phone. And I can hear the cell phone --> Ooma phone. However Ooma phone to cell phone there is no audio.

They be two seperate issues. But issues that need to be resolved, as my Ooma is useless to me right now.

If you are not getting a dial tone, this is the first issue to solve. Has it ever worked?

Try booting the Modem and then OOMA. If no luck with booting, try disconnecting the OOMA from the house wiring by disconnecting the cable connected to the OOMA Phone jack. Do you have an OOMA handset? You refer to an “OOMA Phone” so I assume you do. If so, do you now have a dial tone from the OOMA handset with house wiring disconnected? If you do not have handset, plug corded phone into OOMA Phone jack.

If you can get a dial tone via the handset (or other phone) with the house wiring disconnected or with corded into the OOMA Phone jack, have you tried dialing with *98 before dialing the number OB? I was using *98 (high bandwidth codec) for months. This workaround was required to connect reliably to cell phones. However, obviously this will not work without dial tone and is suggested as a quality improvement to help with cell phone connections..

What is your system configuration? Modem /OOMA /Router?
#80582 by thunderbird
Mon May 02, 2011 3:53 am
congi wrote:Team,

This may be a profile configuration issue and you may need to call Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST