Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#79508 by ydeng1024
Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:59 pm
I've been using OOMA Telo for over 7 months. I noticed since day-one that every time I ended my call, there was "Call Duration" then "Incoming Call" messages on my phone screen. As such, I cannot place my second call until at least 10 seconds later this "Incoming Call" message disappeared. I've replaced my cordless phone with a different brand, but this problem cannot go away. Waiting for at least 10 seconds is really annoying. What if I need to make two emergency calls? Am I the only person experiences this problem? Do you have any suggestions to avoid this problem? Thank you in advance for your help!
Last edited by ydeng1024 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#79509 by I_Ooma_2
Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:06 pm
Complete stab in the dark, but if you have a Telo, have you received the latest firmware yet?

http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11265

The line may lock up if the user stays offhook as Telo advances to the last route [8927]
Fix problems that may cause the call to stay alive when the remote hangs up first [10290, 10389]

I don't know if it may be related or not, but thought it might be possible.
#79606 by ydeng1024
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:14 pm
That makes no differences. I called OOMA tech support 7 months ago when I first noticed this problem. I was told that "this problem shold be fixed by the future firmware fix". However, no specific date was given. I'm not sure why you don't have this problem. I hope I'm not the very few users who experienced this problem. My questions are:
1. After you hang up the phone, do you always get "Incoming Call" message on your phone display?
2. If you do, what is the duration for this message?
3. Are you able to make phone call when you see this "Incoming Call" message?
Thanks!
#79607 by lbmofo
Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:21 pm
When I hang up the phone, the line "1" that lights up on the ooma device goes away almost immediately. No "incoming call" message on phone at all. That's why I was asking if you tried connecting a phone directly into "phone" port of ooma because housewiring may introduce some external factors that you don't know about.
#79609 by Ely
Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:15 pm
That has happened here too, but I found out why it was happening, My mom sometimes dials a number and forgets to click the hangup key on the phone, then just clicks the Call Key again to open a new dial tone, since Ooma offers two lines, the previous call which was for whatever reason left hanging on the other line is still lingering there, so when she actually hangs up the later call and puts the handset back in the base we immediately get that "Incoming Call" message in the Caller ID and the phone actually rings, it won't stop until you tab the Call key again and answer and actually hangup the first call....

Hmmm not sure if I explain good, a little confusing to explain, besides English is my second language ;)
#79618 by ydeng1024
Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:35 pm
lbmofo wrote:When I hang up the phone, the line "1" that lights up on the ooma device goes away almost immediately. No "incoming call" message on phone at all. That's why I was asking if you tried connecting a phone directly into "phone" port of ooma because housewiring may introduce some external factors that you don't know about.

My phone connects to the OOMA Telo's "phone" port directly. No housewiring is ever connected.

My question is: After you hang up the phone, did you first get the "Call Duration", then "Incoming Call" messages on the screen?

Thanks!
#79620 by ydeng1024
Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:41 pm
Ely wrote:That has happened here too, but I found out why it was happening, My mom sometimes dials a number and forgets to click the hangup key on the phone, then just clicks the Call Key again to open a new dial tone, since Ooma offers two lines, the previous call which was for whatever reason left hanging on the other line is still lingering there, so when she actually hangs up the later call and puts the handset back in the base we immediately get that "Incoming Call" message in the Caller ID and the phone actually rings, it won't stop until you tab the Call key again and answer and actually hangup the first call....

Hmmm not sure if I explain good, a little confusing to explain, besides English is my second language ;)

Thank you for your response! However, this is not my case, and we only has one line. This problem occurred every single time.
My questions are:
1. After you hang up the phone, did you see "Call Duration" from your caller ID screen?
2. After that, did you see "Incoming Call" from your caller ID screen?
Thanks
#79850 by nn5i
Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:17 am
I'm curious: does this occur only on calls you receive, or only on calls you originate, or on both? I'm referring to the first call that hangs on, not to the second call (which obviously you're originating).