Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#78332 by Morac
Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:00 pm
I have Ooma Premiere. I called Comcast and agreed to take their phone back survey. Twice they've called and the phone rings, but when I answer the phone I get the Ooma dial tone as if no one was calling.

I tried calling my own number from my cell phone (AT&T) and I can answer without any issues.

I looked at the Recent and missed calls on the My Ooma web page and it says I missed one call from Comcast at 7:51 PM EDT and answered one for 1 second at 7:35 PM. Both times I simply got a dial tone.

I don't see why the Comcast survey system would twice hang up right before I answer the call (especially since it was on the first and second ring) so this is likely an Ooma issue. This is the first time I've had this problem though. Any thing I can do about this?
#78341 by Morac
Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:32 pm
EA PA wrote:Community Blacklist enabled? LOL

It is, but if that was the reason the phone wouldn't ring, it would go directly to voicemail. Also I doubt the main Comcast number would be blacklisted, at least not if users want to have service calls done by Comcast as they call first.
#78342 by EA PA
Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:37 pm
Morac wrote:
EA PA wrote:Community Blacklist enabled? LOL

It is, but if that was the reason the phone wouldn't ring, it would go directly to voicemail. Also I doubt the main Comcast number would be blacklisted, at least not if users want to have service calls done by Comcast as they call first.

Agree - or it could be blocked based on your preferences vs xfr to VM I believe, you would think it would not ring. I have not tested how crisp this function is - yet.. I'm still stuck in the world of *98

Was just a joke however...
#78406 by EA PA
Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:23 am
lbmofo wrote:Blacklist works like a champ. Awesome feature.

In fact it work so well, my phone never rings any more. Telemarketers calls provide a false sense that you are loved.. WIth blacklist, I don't feel needed any more.... :|
#133740 by wh01sjongalt
Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:24 am
This happens all the time to me. Mostly with incoming calls from corporations and businesses. My parents also have OOMA and have the same issue frequently. I don't understand why this isn't more widely remarked about by other ooma subscribers. It's been screwed up like that for years for me. I almost never get any incoming calls from businesses without the call going to a dial-tone after it rings a couple of times when I go to pick up! :x I don't rely on OOMA anymore, it's a relic in my house, but it's free (Grandfathered in with no fees) so I don't care.