Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#77644 by kdlh2
Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:12 pm
I setup a Google Voice number yesterday but cannot call it from Ooma. I get the message "The number you have reached is not in service. This is a recording." I can call it from other phones (non-Ooma) fine. What's the deal?

Thanks.
#77657 by southsound
Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:58 am
It might be a problem with the number being out of your local calling area. Try calling it with the area code (if you have 10-digit dialing set up) or with 1-area code. Either way, it is still a free call.

Quick note - if you are using Premier Extensions for Google Voice and the GV number you are calling is associated with your Telo, expect strange results.
#77795 by BrianH
Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:00 pm
Every time I try to call some numbers for relatives I get...the number you have dialed is unallocated. Why? I dial 1-area code- number and still get the same inane message. :x
#77799 by southsound
Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:17 pm
BrianH wrote:Every time I try to call some numbers for relatives I get...the number you have dialed is unallocated. Why? I dial 1-area code- number and still get the same inane message. :x

Are you able to call the number from your cell or landline (if you have one)? If so, then you need to make a list of the numbers you are having difficulty with and call ooma support at 888 711-6662. It could be a routing problem or a problem with one of their termination partners.