Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#77355 by ptmuldoon
Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:59 pm
I hope I'm not the only one that has had this happen to them, and Ooma will really really need to resolve this, or I may need to switch back to vonage.

I've had ooma for about a month, and all seems well until yesterday.

I've tried calling my home from my office phone, both today and yesterday.... Phone rings, and than I get the recording of "You have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service. Please check the number and try again"

Well, i'm calling my home, so I know the number is not disconnected. I also then immediately call the home via cell phone, and my wife answers just fine.

Please tell me I'm not the first to experience this and Ooma is working on the problem.
#77356 by murphy
Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:07 pm
Call the phone company that supplies your office phone service and report that you can't reach a known working number.
They don't have their routing tables up to date.
#77388 by ptmuldoon
Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:54 am
murphy wrote:Call the phone company that supplies your office phone service and report that you can't reach a known working number.

Murphy, thanks for the quick response.

I'll try and track down the right people in my firm that handles that stuff and see what I can get done. Sometimes, its like pulling teeth get our IT department to handle a request though.

I'll report back in a few day after hopefully the contact our office's service provider.
#77390 by hpepper
Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 am
ptmuldoon wrote:
murphy wrote:Call the phone company that supplies your office phone service and report that you can't reach a known working number.

Murphy, thanks for the quick response.

I'll try and track down the right people in my firm that handles that stuff and see what I can get done. Sometimes, its like pulling teeth get our IT department to handle a request though.

I'll report back in a few day after hopefully the contact our office's service provider.

Even though Murphy is on the right track and you are doing the right thing of contacting your IT and/or Telecom department, please know that it could be the routing tables in the business phone system itself as opposed to the carrier they use. They may need to allow your specific prefix to be dialed (Prefix as in 408-XXX-1234 where XXX is the prefix) as it may be blocked by the phone system.
#77394 by lbmofo
Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:49 am
ptmouldoon, if checking with your telecom dept is an issue. Go here and see who the office phone's carrier is http://tnid.us/lookup/your_ten_digit_of ... one_number

If it is one of the big boys you recognize like Verizon, you can call them directly and have them try calling your home number. If they have issues too, then have them fix it. If they don't have issues, then back to contacting your telecom guys.
#80334 by irish_liger
Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:31 am
I have two ooma telo systems, but on my home telo system, many people who call me get that my number has been disconnected. From what i can tell, many are AT&T iPhone users that are getting this message. If that is the case, are you suggesting to call AT&T directly and ask them to update their routing tables to reflect my number because many of their users are unable to get through to a known working number?
#80341 by murphy
Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:51 am
It would be better if the people who are unable to reach you would complain to their provider that they can't reach a known working number. The provider is more likely to pay attention to a current customer.