Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#77342 by KEM
Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:36 am
I'm a new OOMA customer and I've installed a Telo and 2 Telo handsets.

I've been exchanging emails with OOMA support regarding the fact that the call log on the handsets only display answered calls. I expect to see all types of calls but most importantly I need to see MISSED calls. They are listed on my web dashboard call log and OOMA support tells me they should be listed on the handsets but they are not.

They've had me do every kind of soft and hard reset multiple times but the issue remains unresolved.

Although it seems incomprehensible that any phone wouldn't list missed calls I would like to verify that other OOMA users do see missed calls listed in the Telo handset in the call log. If not I need to know so I can send the hardware back immediately.

Thanks!
KEM
#77365 by EA PA
Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:33 pm
KEM wrote:I'm a new OOMA customer and I've installed a Telo and 2 Telo handsets.

I've been exchanging emails with OOMA support regarding the fact that the call log on the handsets only display answered calls. I expect to see all types of calls but most importantly I need to see MISSED calls. They are listed on my web dashboard call log and OOMA support tells me they should be listed on the handsets but they are not.

They've had me do every kind of soft and hard reset multiple times but the issue remains unresolved.

Although it seems incomprehensible that any phone wouldn't list missed calls I would like to verify that other OOMA users do see missed calls listed in the Telo handset in the call log. If not I need to know so I can send the hardware back immediately.

Thanks!
KEM

Mine works great. Just tested, used the center button, list select and after SELECT it clearly shows the call as missed, tagged with date and time. Version 43368, PTCL 4W20101015 (build number I guess)
#77395 by KEM
Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:49 am
EA PA wrote:Mine works great. Just tested, used the center button, list select and after SELECT it clearly shows the call as missed, tagged with date and time. Version 43368, PTCL 4W20101015 (build number I guess)

Well, that is very interesting. I wonder if you and I are talking about the same thing. I'm not sure what the center button is but I'm pressing the left arrow button of the large four-way pivot button to display the call log.

I just got off the phone with OOMA support again and now, after all of these phone calls to support and all of the emails exchanged they tell me the Telo handset call log DOES NOT display MISSED calls. If will only display calls you answered. Heck, I know what calls I answered, I want to know what calls I've missed.

I just can't believe it. I'm just so stunned and frustrated right now, when I get home I'm planning to pack all of the hardware up for return. How could any modern cordless handset not display a list of all (especialliy *missed*) calls? I just can't believe it. I thought I was buying a state of the art system with advanced features. Turns out it doesn't even perform the most basic of functions.

- KEM
#77399 by lbmofo
Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:59 am
KEM, you are using the correct button. The left pivot, then when you see a list of entries, do a "select" soft key. This will give you details on the entries. You can then use up and down to scroll through where it would tell you if they are received or missed.
#77403 by KEM
Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:14 am
lbmofo wrote:KEM, you are using the correct button. The left pivot, then when you see a list of entries, do a "select" soft key. This will give you details on the entries. You can then use up and down to scroll through where it would tell you if they are received or missed.

That would be great but the only entries displayed to "select" are answered/inbound calls. No missed calls are displayed. Are you absolutely certain that you are seeing MISSED calls? If so then even OOMA themselves don't know how their system should work nor can they make it work in my case.

If you could confirm the display of MISSED calls on your Telo handset again I would really appreciate it.

Thanks! - KEM
#77405 by EA PA
Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 am
KEM wrote:
EA PA wrote:Mine works great. Just tested, used the center button, list select and after SELECT it clearly shows the call as missed, tagged with date and time. Version 43368, PTCL 4W20101015 (build number I guess)

Well, that is very interesting. I wonder if you and I are talking about the same thing. I'm not sure what the center button is but I'm pressing the left arrow button of the large four-way pivot button to display the call log.

I just got off the phone with OOMA support again and now, after all of these phone calls to support and all of the emails exchanged they tell me the Telo handset call log DOES NOT display MISSED calls. If will only display calls you answered. Heck, I know what calls I answered, I want to know what calls I've missed.

I just can't believe it. I'm just so stunned and frustrated right now, when I get home I'm planning to pack all of the hardware up for return. How could any modern cordless handset not display a list of all (especialliy *missed*) calls? I just can't believe it. I thought I was buying a state of the art system with advanced features. Turns out it doesn't even perform the most basic of functions.

- KEM

You got it. Its called Navigation Pad, and then the left side (call log). after hitting the call log, hit SELECT for the call of interest and it showed the call and directly under that number it said "Missed Call". The quick start manual does not describe this level of detail but does have a section of interest - See call log section below:

https://www.ooma.com/sites/default/files ... 9-spec.pdf
#77406 by lbmofo
Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:19 am
KEM wrote:If you could confirm the display of MISSED calls on your Telo handset again I would really appreciate it.

Confirmed. Like EA PA says, when scrolling through detailed entries, you'll see "missed."
#77407 by KEM
Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:38 am
lbmofo wrote:
KEM wrote:If you could confirm the display of MISSED calls on your Telo handset again I would really appreciate it.

Confirmed. Like EA PA says, when scrolling through detailed entries, you'll see "missed."

Thank you, I will check again (the 1000th time <g>) following your description exactly as soon as I get back to the house. The problem as I recall it is there the only entries I can "scroll through" are answered calls. There are no missed calls in the list to select. They are simply not there.

Thanks a lot for your help! - KEM
#77411 by lbmofo
Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:27 am
I would do "select" soft key on the very first entry and then scroll down to look at all of your calls' details.
#77416 by ntoy
Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:29 am
Hello,

You mentioned having 2 Telo handsets. Do Missed calls show on the other handset?
Do the telo handsets wake up(light up) on incoming calls?