Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#76715 by in2dadark
Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:26 pm
I've called about this several times. It shows 'ooma' on my outgoing calls. No wonder no one is picking up the freakin' phone. I'm going to cancel this thing. It's not worth dealing with this and sitting on hold all this freakin' time. Get your act together. I'm not here to advertize your service. I used to tell people about ooma. Now that you've hijacked my id I guess I'll tell them otherwise.
#76717 by EA PA
Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:31 pm
Note the timeframe - and as a caution: note the 20 bucks charge at the bottom - if you call, beware..they got me for 20 and didnt even tell me - they just did what I asked them to do...change the name...they got me for a Jackson..

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/94
#76722 by in2dadark
Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:18 pm
EA PA wrote:Note the timeframe - and as a caution: note the 20 bucks charge at the bottom - if you call, beware..they got me for 20 and didnt even tell me - they just did what I asked them to do...change the name...they got me for a Jackson..

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/94

Thanks. I saw that. I've already paid to have my number provisioned over to ooma from at&t. I'm not paying again. Obviously they've never put my name in right to begin with. This is so junky.
#76724 by EA PA
Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:33 pm
I did not port - just noted that the name was something goofy - like Unknown or something similar after a few weeks. So I called and they very politely agreed to put whatever I wanted. Oh! Great - So I customized one the of the numbers with a name. Once again, they thanked me and politely told me 7-10 buis days. 5 days later it changed on the one number. Wow - Awesome!

A few weeks later I saw some chatter about the subject and saw that CNAM may take months. Only then did I read the link I noted above. After seeing the 20 buck thing at the bottom and wondering....hmmmm, I checked my acct. Sure enough - DOOP :o .

Lesson learned - when you pay, 5 days - there does not seem to be a big database "propagation" delay. Otherwise...who knows how long - up to months and months I read.