Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#76410 by Diamons
Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:18 pm
1) Is it possible to get the Ooma Telo to read the number aloud like my old phone system? I plugged my phone into the Telo like the person on the phone told me to and unlike before, now my telephone doesn't say the name out loud.

2)The voicemail sound level is TOO low! I can barely hear it on maximum.

3)We made a phone call and we had an issue for 30 seconds where the other person could hear us but we couldn't hear them. Also, the call quality wasn't as amazing as I'd hoped.

Current Config:

Modem - Router - Hub - Telo

I put the Telo in the DMZ, set QoS, and restarted. Still having issues. Right now I'm using my landline integrated until my number gets ported over. Is that the issue?
#76452 by thunderbird
Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:35 am
Diamons wrote:1) Is it possible to get the Ooma Telo to read the number aloud like my old phone system? I plugged my phone into the Telo like the person on the phone told me to and unlike before, now my telephone doesn't say the name out loud.
For testing only, try just plugging your phone into the Ooma device's "Phone" port, with nothing plugged into the "Home" port. Than test with your cell phone. If that work okay than it's probably the landline integration. Reconnect your Ooma device as before and wait till your number has been ported.

2)The voicemail sound level is TOO low! I can barely hear it on maximum.
See: http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... /Voicemail

3)We made a phone call and we had an issue for 30 seconds where the other person could hear us but we couldn't hear them. Also, the call quality wasn't as amazing as I'd hoped.
Ooma is working on this "bug". Make sure you contact Ooma Customer service with this problem.

Current Config:

Modem - Router - Hub - Telo

I put the Telo in the DMZ, set QoS, and restarted. Still having issues. Right now I'm using my landline integrated until my number gets ported over. Is that the issue?