Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#76235 by DawnW
Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:47 am
I have made them just fine in the past, but THIS week, of all weeks, when DH is in Panama, I can't make them. It is a constant, "Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later."' This has been going on since Saturday. It is now Tuesday.

I have plenty of $$ in my international account calling.

I finally downloaded Skype and paid to call DH from my computer.

SO FRUSTRATED!

Dawn
#76237 by lbmofo
Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:14 am
Hi Dawn, peeled this off of internet

US to Panama international dialing format: 011 + 507 + xxx xxxx

Starting digit for main regions:

Panama City: 2
Colon: 4
Bocas del Toro, Chiriqui: 7
Cocle, Herrera, Los Santos, Veraguas: 9

Panama cellular:

Cell phone: 011 + 507 + 5xxx xxxx (or 6xxx xxxx)

When I Google map, I see a (0) between 507 and the 7 digit numbers sometimes. Can you try 011 + 507 + 0 + xxx xxxx?
#76311 by DTMF
Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:45 pm
DawnW wrote:Thank you all. I don't know why it wasn't working.....I had been dialing correctly. The 0 wasn't necessary.....but I did try it!

Anyway, it did go through tonight.

Dawn
My guess is that it's an issue with Ooma's termination provider in Panama. (That's the company that receives Ooma calls to Panama and delivers them to the local number in Panama.) That's beyond their control and not something they could warn customers about.

In this brave new world of cheap long-distance, sometimes things don't work for reasons beyond the control of anyone in the USA.

Just like you would use a different route to get home if there were a roadblock between work and home, definitely consider having a prepaid calling card to use as a backup if those mystery outages to Panama are an issue for you. Sam's Club and Costco have pretty good deals on those cards.
#76313 by lbmofo
Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:54 pm
DTMF wrote:Just like you would use a different route to get home if there were a roadblock between work and home, definitely consider having a prepaid calling card to use as a backup if those mystery outages to Panama are an issue for you. Sam's Club and Costco have pretty good deals on those cards.

Google Voice is a good backup too. I just dial my GV number and dial out from there. Even the 10 digit GV number that I have to dial is too much dialing for me. :) I mainly keep a balance in my GV account so that my folks (traditional POTS) can dial long distance and overseas.