Thank you for applying the fix - it is much appreciated!ntoy wrote:Bug on our end. We applied a manual fix.
Now, if I may ask, is this fix only applied on an individual basis, or pushed out to all? I got hit by the bug that was causing delays in aswering/connection time a few weeks back as well. That eventually went away, but it was troublesome.
Basically, I am wondering what the policies are when bugs are found, and how they are rectified?
What color is the envelope key?kieranmullen wrote:Called my fathers WA phone ending in 2050 (for those in Ooma who may be listning but most likely not) this evening at 8PM PST and it rang through straight to voicemail. He said it had been like that all day. He tried rebooting the Core unit and the othermodem and routers to no avail. The status light is blue.
If it's red, the unit is in privacy mode.
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx
I'm having trouble with "no ring" on outgoing calls (often takes five tries to same number before it rings).
The bigger problem is with disconnected calls...the other party can hear me, but I cannot hear them.
This usually occurs within the first 30 seconds of a call, and it doesn't seem to matter if I placed the call or received the call...
When I call the party back, or when they call me back, the same thing happens: good connection for 30-60 seconds, then I can no longer hear the other party, but they report that they could still hear me. Very frustrating, especially since Ooma has been good for me for about a year now.
My Internet connection seems fine: 1MB upload, 24MB download, router configured for QOS giving Ooma the highest priority.
No recent system changes at my end. Have rebooted the Ooma device several times with no improvement.
Modem is a Linksys WRT54GL running Tomato firmware, with Quality of Service fully dedicated to Ooma...
There have been absolutely no network or system changes at my end recently...I have been running this configuration since adopting Ooma, almost a year ago.
My upload bandwidth is slightly lower than the last time I checked, 0.90 MB vs 1.0 MB previously, but my download speed has recently doubled, from ~10MB to 24MB...my ISP (Time Warner) has never advised me of the increased bandwidth, but I think they are doing this because of local competition from Verizon FIOS...
I don't actually think these things have any relevance to my Ooma issues for the past day and a half...I think it's an Ooma issue, frankly.
I have rebooted the Ooma device several times, to no avail.
To me, this is obviously either a direct Ooma issue, or a problem with the local telcom they contract with (in my case, Choice One Com/1, [as reported by Neustar], a phone company that I have never heard of before)
The Ooma voicemail has been terrible since day-one, but phone connections have always been reliable until yesterday.
Besides me thinking that this is not a home network issue, I also don't think this is an Ooma hardware issue, either...all status lights are the same as they ever have been since initial start-up...and, I assume that firmware upgrades are installed automatically by Ooma...
Some things to try:
Dialing *99-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx will probably help with calling out.
Try running http://www.speedtest.net/ and http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ a few times.
Look for high jitter, high TCP readings, and dropped or lost packets.
To improve QoS, you could reserve a Static IP address in your Router, for your Ooma device. Than put the Ooma device’s Static IP address in you Router’s DMZ.
Next try this, it adds stability to your system and helps with QoS:
a. Access your Ooma Telo “home port” by plugging in a network cable from the Ooma Telo’s “Home” port to a computer’s network card port. Sometimes you have to restart your computer after installing the network cable, so that a proper connection occurs.
b. Type http://setup.ooma.com in you browser address window and hit enter. The “Ooma Setup” window opens.
c. In the left hand Navigation window, select “Network”.
d. Under “Modem Port MAC Address”, select Use Built in:
e. Select the “Update button”.
f. Do a “cold boot” of the modem.
g. Do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device or Router, which ever device is next in line.
h. After the Ooma device or router cold boot, do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device or router, which ever device is next in line.
I have set my outbound QOS speed to 800kbps, which is 80% of my upload bandwidth.
NOTHING HAS CHANGED RECENTLY REGARDING MY NETWORK!
Everything has worked OK (except the lame voicemail) for about a year, until yesterday.
I am convinced this is a Ooma-side issue, not a user-side problem.