Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#75380 by bluechalk
Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:20 pm
I have a Hub and have been able to send faxes successfully for many months. But, now all outbound faxes are failing. Nothing has changed on my end. I'm served out of TRTWNYTTDS0 by XO.
#75702 by djlucas1234
Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:09 pm
I am also having problems sending faxes now. My calls are fine, and I am using *99 before. On Friday everything worked fine now no faxes are sending. It says connecting then it just stops and my print out says error 345 on my HP 8500 fax machine. I tried a different fax machine and same issue. Somehow something changed from Ooma as I cannot send any faxes now. Please Help!
#75755 by ntoy
Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:27 pm
djlucas1234 wrote:I am also having problems sending faxes now. My calls are fine, and I am using *99 before. On Friday everything worked fine now no faxes are sending. It says connecting then it just stops and my print out says error 345 on my HP 8500 fax machine. I tried a different fax machine and same issue. Somehow something changed from Ooma as I cannot send any faxes now. Please Help!

Hello,

What happens if you use your phone or telo handset to dial the fax number - do you hear the fax signal?
#91873 by Vogava
Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:43 pm
Same thing when manually dialing ... Error 345. *99 nor *98 works. OOMA, we need to be able to fax please.
#91875 by thunderbird
Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:20 pm
Vogava wrote:Same thing when manually dialing ... Error 345. *99 nor *98 works. OOMA, we need to be able to fax please.

Some of the things suggested for Error 345, besides using *99:

The remote machine has failed to respond to a fax command from the local machine because the connection was interrupted. These errors can occur if the phone lines in the area are old or if noise is present (static on the phone line). Other reasons could be power outages and other power-related problems.

OR

The call waiting service can cause this error. The click, heard for an incoming call, is actually a momentary disconnect of the line.

OR

The remote user has pressed the Stop key while the reception was in progress.

OR

Under rare conditions, incompatibility between the two machines can cause the remote machine to simply abandon the call.

*Reattempt the fax reception at a different time when telephone line conditions have improved. Call the telephone provider if line conditions fail to improve.

*Disable the ECM. Errors might still occur, and might result in a degraded image quality on the received page. However, the ability to transmit the entire document will be improved.

*Try sending at a lower transmission speed.