Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#75229 by mtnmedic
Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:46 pm
This is getting serious.

I called my mom this morning and she said both she and my sister have been trying to call me yesterday. Mom says that she called my home number twice. First time, it was a partial ring then got a greeting that said "You have exceeded the time allowed for a voicemail message. Please try again." Apparently, she's gotten this once before on an earlier date. Anyway, she left a shorter message. Of course, that was never delivered. The second time she called, she said the ringing sound or the connection sounded very "funny", like it was "warbling or something." But she was able to get through to voice mail and left another message which, by the way, was never delivered. Same thing with my sister. Of course, those calls are marked in the log as "missed" and my phones themselves do NOT show that they called.

I have been waiting since Friday for my doctor to call me back for post-surgical issues and also from my physical therapist regarding when I can start therapy if/when the insurance company approves it.

I can't rely on Ooma to deliver voice messages or my phone to note that anyone called because there is something wrong with the Ooma system. I have to keep checking the Ooma call log online to see who called. And with the medical stuff going on as mentioned above, this is NOT GOOD!

OOMA FIX YOUR CRAP! :x :x
#75231 by lbmofo
Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:55 pm
mtnmedic wrote:This is getting serious.

I called my mom this morning and she said both she and my sister have been trying to call me yesterday. Mom says that she called my home number twice. First time, it was a partial ring then got a greeting that said "You have exceeded the time allowed for a voicemail message. Please try again." Apparently, she's gotten this once before on an earlier date. Anyway, she left a shorter message. Of course, that was never delivered. The second time she called, she said the ringing sound or the connection sounded very "funny", like it was "warbling or something." But she was able to get through to voice mail and left another message which, by the way, was never delivered. Same thing with my sister. Of course, those calls are marked in the log as "missed" and my phones themselves do NOT show that they called.

I have been waiting since Friday for my doctor to call me back for post-surgical issues and also from my physical therapist regarding when I can start therapy if/when the insurance company approves it.

I can't rely on Ooma to deliver voice messages or my phone to note that anyone called because there is something wrong with the Ooma system. I have to keep checking the Ooma call log online to see who called. And with the medical stuff going on as mentioned above, this is NOT GOOD!

OOMA FIX YOUR CRAP! :x :x

For the time being, why don't you disable multi-ring and see if you still have issues.
If no issues, enable multi-ring'ing of your cell phone but require a 1 to answer.
#75234 by mtnmedic
Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:13 pm
lbmofo wrote:For the time being, why don't you disable multi-ring and see if you still have issues.
If no issues, enable multi-ring'ing of your cell phone but require a 1 to answer.


Okay, well, I went into my settings and set the call forward to "Call forward on network outage" instead of multi-ring.

This sucks because I really like the multi-ring. None of this makes any sense. It worked fine for over a year, without requiring a "1" to accept the call, with NO changes to my system or my network. And now, it's happening.
#75236 by lbmofo
Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:16 pm
With multi-ring disabled, your home phone should ring as many times as configured and then go to voicemail. If someone leaves a voicemail, you should get a blinking play button indicating you have a voicemail.

If this doesn't work properly, then you call Ooma customer service at 888-711-OOMA to see what's up.

Once things are working then you know it isn't your Ooma creating havoc. It is your cell phone not ringing when it is supposed to...that's the problem. You can still multi-ring your cell phone but if you require answering by pressing 1, then you would avoid your cell phone directing your phone calls directly to your cell phone voicemail.

Murphy talks about how to require press 1. viewtopic.php?t=9787#p67707
#75238 by mtnmedic
Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:29 pm
lbmofo wrote:With multi-ring disabled, your home phone should ring as many times as configured and then go to voicemail. If someone leaves a voicemail, you should get a blinking play button indicating you have a voicemail.

If this doesn't work properly, then you call Ooma customer service at 888-711-OOMA to see what's up.

Once things are working then you know it isn't your Ooma creating havoc. It is your cell phone not ringing when it is supposed to...that's the problem. You can still multi-ring your cell phone but if you require answering by pressing 1, then you would avoid your cell phone directing your phone calls directly to your cell phone voicemail.


Well, that's just it. I don't GET voice mails supposedly left with home number/Ooma. Basically whenever someone calls my home number, the Ooma system answers using my unique outgoing message and they leave a message but it does NOT get delivered to either here or my cell. IF the message was sent to my cell phone, it only happened ONCE.

The odd part is when my mom called, the system immediately told her "you have exceeded the time allowed for a voice mail message. Please try again." My cell carrier, Sprint, does NOT do that.
#75239 by lbmofo
Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:32 pm
Now, you are taking Sprint out of the equation by disabling multi-ring'ing of your cell phone. Do some test calls. Leave messages for yourself. Check it out. Once all seem normal, you can turn the multi-ring back again but I'd suggest requiring 1 to answer. Cell phones go to VM a lot without ringing even if you have full bars.
#75241 by mtnmedic
Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:02 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello,

If the remote party stays on the line longer than 15 seconds, are they able to leave a vmail? What happens if they call your 2nd number?


Well, it's my 70 year old mom we're talking about. :D I think, if I heard her correctly, she was able to leave a vmail after the system told her "you have exceeded the alotted time for a message. Please try again." Of course, that wasn't delivered.

She has my 2nd Ooma number but has never tried it. She has my cell phone and that's what she goes to if for some reason my home number doesn't work.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests