Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#75183 by lbmofo
Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:03 am
smith85 wrote:Same issues here. Wife is ready to scrap the ooma experiment, too bad, it worked good for a while-only problem we ever had was the annoying key tones while talking. Now, the service is very intermittent, works sometimes and doesn't many times. Usually the problem is with trying to call out, but we get dropped calls as well.
Think maybe they crew too fast and have overloaded their servers?

For your issue, I'd check the modem: viewtopic.php?t=10023
#75219 by thunderbird
Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:20 pm
jgkoss wrote:I have a Telo and am having the same issues. I have had it since Jan 2010 and had no problems until this last month. I also have a friend that lives next door who bought a Telo because of me and he now is having issues also. I found that sometimes after waiting up to 30 seconds on a call I can hear the other person. The other problem I'm having recently (like last night) is that I'll be on a call for a while and all of a sudden I hear the Ooma dial tone. I've lost the call and the person I was talking to hears something like welcome to Ooma voicemail. The other problem my friend next door is having is garbled voice where he can't understand the other person. We have both called customer support and they have disconnect and connect all wiring, go into the setup and change values, but none of it does any good. Very frustrating. 5 other people have bought Ooma equipment because of me and now I'm not feeling so good about the endorsement.

In the Ooma device, set to use "Built-In" MAC address.

If you Ooma device placed behind your router, set your router to reserve or issue a Static IP address for the Ooma device.

Place your Ooma device's Static IP address in your router's DMZ.