Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#74516 by Cistern
Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:47 pm
I just got off the phone with Ooma support for four hours!!! My problem persists.

Here's the deal. After eight months of great service, I run into my first problem.

Woke up this morning to the phone ringing. Picked up and didn't hear a thing. Person called my cell and said they could hear me but I couldn't hear them. Then I tried calling out. Got a dialtone, but nothing rang on the other end.

Called support. I worked with three techs and after unplugging, re-plugging, and de-plugging every device about 50 times, the last tech wanted to try his last fix and it seemed to work!!!! He called me on the Ooma-connected phone and I could hear him. Problem solved right? Wrong.

Of course, you want to test to see if it's been completely solved. Called my wife on her cell...nothing. Had her call the home phone. It rang, but I didn't hear anything.

I'm back to square one. Right now, I'm tired and flustered.

Is there some way to get some more help here? I'm sure most suggestions will be the same that the techs worked me through, so I'm not very optimistic right now.

Thoughts, Team Ooma?

EDIT: AFter running some tests, apparently certain landlines are able to call us just fine, while others are not.
Last edited by Cistern on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#74522 by thunderbird
Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:25 pm
If an Ooma VoIP phone was/is able to connect to another Ooma VoIP phone with a proper connection and conversation, probably the problem is not on your side. If you want to test some more, and know of someone else that has an Ooma phone, call them and have them call you for testing. The problem is probably a routing problem, at the point where the VoIP signal is converted to and from a legacy carrier.

The only solution is to keep after Ooma Support to have your problem resolved.
#74613 by Cistern
Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:47 pm
T-bird,

I don't know anyone else w/ a Telo, so I'm kind of stuck trying your suggestion. I'm still running into the same problems as described. While I'm sure my only bet is to contact Ooma Support directly again, I was really trying to avoid another four hour call.

I mean just tonight, again, the phone rings, the caller ID works properly, I pick up and can't hear the other person, but they can hear me, so I direct them to the cell number.

I remember last summer Ooma reps frequenting these forums. Does that not happen anymore?
#74637 by thunderbird
Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:36 am
Cistern:
I heard yesterday that Ooma is working on a “permanent solution” for their routing issues. Routing problems are I/They can’t hear Them/Me, blank calls, delayed calls, echo, etc.

In the mean time, you still have to contact Ooma support with your individual problems.
They will want to know if the call was an inbound call, outbound call, date, time, time and phone number being called or phone number that other party called from. I usually have cut and pasted some of that information from My Ooma call logs and sent to Ooma Support in an E-mail. When an inbound call doesn’t record in your My Ooma call log, you have to obtain that information from the party calling you.

You have to keep after Ooma Support to have your problem resolved. When I was having a problem, I E-mailed them everyday, weather they responded or not, until my issue were resolved.

Most often when the problem is resolved, you never know until you try to make a call or someone you had a problem with calls you. This probably because they fixed the problem for someone else and that solution also included you.
Last edited by thunderbird on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#74664 by Cistern
Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:54 am
It appears that my problem has fixed itself. I've used the phone to dial out successfully today three times and answered the phone twice and heard the other person. Perhaps I wasn't the only one in this spot and I've been swept along for the ride toward a fix.

Thanks for the suggestions and help, T-Bird.
#75102 by jgkoss
Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:05 am
I have a Telo and am having the same issues. I have had it since Jan 2010 and had no problems until this last month. I also have a friend that lives next door who bought a Telo because of me and he now is having issues also. I found that sometimes after waiting up to 30 seconds on a call I can hear the other person. The other problem I'm having recently (like last night) is that I'll be on a call for a while and all of a sudden I hear the Ooma dial tone. I've lost the call and the person I was talking to hears something like welcome to Ooma voicemail. The other problem my friend next door is having is garbled voice where he can't understand the other person. We have both called customer support and they have disconnect and connect all wiring, go into the setup and change values, but none of it does any good. Very frustrating. 5 other people have bought Ooma equipment because of me and now I'm not feeling so good about the endorsement.
#75106 by ntoy
Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:10 am
jgkoss wrote:I have a Telo and am having the same issues. I have had it since Jan 2010 and had no problems until this last month. I also have a friend that lives next door who bought a Telo because of me and he now is having issues also. I found that sometimes after waiting up to 30 seconds on a call I can hear the other person. The other problem I'm having recently (like last night) is that I'll be on a call for a while and all of a sudden I hear the Ooma dial tone. I've lost the call and the person I was talking to hears something like welcome to Ooma voicemail. The other problem my friend next door is having is garbled voice where he can't understand the other person. We have both called customer support and they have disconnect and connect all wiring, go into the setup and change values, but none of it does any good. Very frustrating. 5 other people have bought Ooma equipment because of me and now I'm not feeling so good about the endorsement.

Hello,

Is this happening on outbound calls? What happens if you dial *99+phone number? For example: *9916505551212
#75182 by smith85
Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:59 am
Same issues here. Wife is ready to scrap the ooma experiment, too bad, it worked good for a while-only problem we ever had was the annoying key tones while talking. Now, the service is very intermittent, works sometimes and doesn't many times. Usually the problem is with trying to call out, but we get dropped calls as well.
Think maybe they grew too fast and have overloaded their servers?
Last edited by smith85 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.