Anyone else having problems with the low VM volume?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Tufflaw
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: Anyone else having problems with the low VM volume?

Post by Tufflaw » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:50 am

Looks like it's still 1.42086, but it's working so I can't complain!

suden
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: Anyone else having problems with the low VM volume?

Post by suden » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:46 am

Strange...this morning the volume was louder-not by a whole lot, but at least I could actually hear what the caller was saying without having to hold it up to my ear or go online, now it's back to the same old, same old.

How do you check the firmware of the ooma unit?

2spirit
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:28 am
Location: Maryland

Re: Anyone else having problems with the low VM volume?

Post by 2spirit » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:01 am

suden wrote:Strange...this morning the volume was louder-not by a whole lot, but at least I could actually hear what the caller was saying without having to hold it up to my ear or go online, now it's back to the same old, same old.

How do you check the firmware of the ooma unit?
To check your firmware version, from a computer connected to the home port of your ooma Telo, go to the setup page (setup.ooma.com) and click on Status in the left column. The firmware version is shown at the top of the page. However, according to the release notes, this latest update does not address the VM volume issue.
Telo w/ 2 Ooma Handsets
Annual Premier Subscriber

suden
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: Anyone else having problems with the low VM volume?

Post by suden » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:14 am

2spirit wrote:
suden wrote:Strange...this morning the volume was louder-not by a whole lot, but at least I could actually hear what the caller was saying without having to hold it up to my ear or go online, now it's back to the same old, same old.

How do you check the firmware of the ooma unit?
To check your firmware version, from a computer connected to the home port of your ooma Telo, go to the setup page (setup.ooma.com) and click on Status in the left column. The firmware version is shown at the top of the page. However, according to the release notes, this latest update does not address the VM volume issue.
Ah...thanks! Must have been a fluke, then with it being louder earlier...hopefully there is still a fix in the works not too far away!

thunderbird
Posts: 6388
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Anyone else having problems with the low VM volume?

Post by thunderbird » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:35 am

For the Ooma Telo, look at the top row of lights. The light on the left hand side controls the speaker volume. I believe there is five volume levels, from off to 1, 2, 3, 4. Try pushing the top row left hand speaker button a few times and test, see if you hear a difference.

suden
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: Anyone else having problems with the low VM volume?

Post by suden » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:44 am

thunderbird wrote:For the Ooma Telo, look at the top row of lights. The light on the left hand side controls the speaker volume. I believe there is five volume levels, from off to 1, 2, 3, 4. Try pushing the top row left hand speaker button a few times and test, see if you hear a difference.
Thanks, but I've cycled through the volume levels many times to no avail...the loudest setting is still too low for an incoming message-I have to use the handset to hear it or the internet. I tried re-booting the unit yesterday and that's actually made things worse. Now even the audible portion of the voice mail menu is much lower in volume and now has a lot of static in it, where it used to be clear. Ooma is sending me a replacement unit that I hope will fix most issues to a reasonable degree until my landline number is successfully ported (I understand this causes some of the issues). Off to a rocky start, but am hoping things fall into place when all is said and done. Also, my firmware is the older version....

gotok
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:39 am

Re: Anyone else having problems with the low VM volume?

Post by gotok » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:06 pm

ntoy wrote:Hello,

This bug has been set to critical status. As soon as we have updated info, I'll post again.
Any update on this? When I set up my Telo, I sent some test voice messages to my Ooma number and the volume of the messages was fine. However, I have subsequently received some messages that have a lot lower volume. It is not a matter of different settings because I can listen to both the older and newer messages and the volumes are quite different. I don't think this problem is fixed yet.

thunderbird
Posts: 6388
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Anyone else having problems with the low VM volume?

Post by thunderbird » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:38 pm

gotok wrote:
ntoy wrote:Hello,

This bug has been set to critical status. As soon as we have updated info, I'll post again.
Any update on this? When I set up my Telo, I sent some test voice messages to my Ooma number and the volume of the messages was fine. However, I have subsequently received some messages that have a lot lower volume. It is not a matter of different settings because I can listen to both the older and newer messages and the volumes are quite different. I don't think this problem is fixed yet.
gotok: Does it help if you play your messages when listening to your phone?

Post Reply