Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#74351 by wombat
Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:19 pm
I just got setup with Ooma and have a run into a problem.I have three voip phones,Skype,Google Voice,TinCan.I know what I am doing when it comes to voip.I have Sipgate DID's and some are not hooked to a ATA,so if you call that number it will go to voice mail immediately.I can call that number with any of the other voip phones and it works.Now if I call with Ooma it says it can not complete the call.I am relacing TinCan with Ooma ,asOoma is cheaper and better.I would like for someone with Ooma to call 12087179148,Sipgate DID,and tell me what happens or if works ,leave a message.I also tried the Sipgate from a cell and a normal land line and it works like it supposed to.Thanks
#74360 by wombat
Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:03 pm
Thanks,I just checked and there are three calls that came in.Now why can I not do it from my own Ooma.I live in Idaho and the Sipgate DID you are calling is in Lewiston ,ID.The whole state is 208,but this outside my local call area.I have dialed it with 1208,208,7179148 and get the same result,no connection.There has got to be a reason,Thanks
#74362 by lbmofo
Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:12 pm
If you don't enable 10 digit dialing in my.ooma.com, you'll need to leave off the area code when dialing the same area code numbers. Otherwise, you'd get busy signal.
#74374 by wombat
Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:15 pm
I do not have 10 digit dialing turned on.So what you say is you dial the number like this 7179148.That is the way I dial.Does Ooma auto put the local area code in,because like I said this would be a toll call from me to that number,even thou it is same AC.If you use a normal pots line you have to dial 1208 +number.