Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#74214 by danlisman
Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:29 am
In misc forum posts I have seen comments referencing the use of *67 and *82 and *99 and **1 before dialing for various options.
Is there a central Ooma list of *asterisk star options and their intended purposes?
Thanks
Dan :)
#74224 by lbmofo
Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:36 am
For star dialing:
ktinca wrote:If you have default to block your outgoing caller ID:
Dial *82 in front any the number you want and the call will be unblocked for that call

If you have default in my to allow your outgoing caller ID :
Dial *67 in front of any number to block your caller id for that call.

Dial *70 in front of any number to disable call waiting for that call.

SUMMARY of codes:
*67 Block caller ID
*82 Enable caller ID
*70 Disable call waiting
*69 Call return

*99 before a fax

Search for "*" in this document:
https://www.ooma.com/sites/default/files ... e_revA.pdf
#75455 by gzub
Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:17 am
Here are the start codes I have found that work with my Ooma Telo. I tried all of the *xx combinations and there were a couple that I could not find documented... Anyone want to add to the list?

Note: This list was made for the Ooma Telo, When I have been informed by someone that a feature does not work on the Ooma Hub, I put a (NH) after the command.

Code: Select all*15, *16, *17, *18, *19 - Call number using bluetooth headset 1,2,3,4,5 (NH)
*06, *06, *07, *08, *09 - Intercom with bluetooth headset 1,2,3,4,5 (NH)
*67 - Do Not Send Caller ID
*69 - Return last call
*70 - Disable Call Waiting Tone
*82 - Send Caller ID
*91 - ????
*96 - Use iLBC Codec
*97 - ????
*98 - Use G711 Codec w/o Fax mode (NH)
*99 - Data/Fax call

*#483 - Google Voice

*#*#001 - Speak the current Telo Version (available in April '11)
*#*#501 - Bluetooth Discovery (NH)
*#*#511 - Turn off Telo key press sounds (available in April '11)


**0 - Line1
**1 - Line2



Geoff
Last edited by gzub on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
#75523 by lbmofo
Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:48 pm
gzub wrote:Here are the start codes I have found that work with my Ooma Telo. I tried all of the *xx combinations and there were a couple that I could not find documented... Anyone want to add to the list?
Code: Select all*15, *16, *17, *18, *19 - Call number using bluetooth headset 1,2,3,4,5
*06, *06, *07, *08, *09 - Intercom with bluetooth headset 1,2,3,4,5
*67 - Do Not Send Caller ID
*69 - Return last call
*70 - Disable Call Waiting Tone
*82 - Send Caller ID
*91 - ????
*96 - Use iLBC Codec
*97 - ????
*98 - Use G711 Codec w/o Fax mode
*99 - Data/Fax call

*#483 - Google Voice

*#*#501 - Register Bluetooth Phone

**0 - Line1
**1 - Line2


Geoff

I think max of 4 headsets are supported so don't think there are *19 and *09.

Where did you see *91, *97 referenced?

*96 is iLBC? Where did you see this?
*98 is G711? What is G711 without Fax mode?
#75525 by gzub
Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:15 pm
lbmofo wrote:I think max of 4 headsets are supported so don't think there are *19 and *09.

Where did you see *91, *97 referenced?

*96 is iLBC? Where did you see this?
*98 is G711? What is G711 without Fax mode?


*96 and *98 I saw in the release notes for various versions in forums...

*91 and *97 I found by trying every * number between 00 and 99 and they were the only other ones not to give me a busy signal.

Geoff
#75526 by lbmofo
Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:32 pm
gzub wrote:
lbmofo wrote:I think max of 4 headsets are supported so don't think there are *19 and *09.

Where did you see *91, *97 referenced?

*96 is iLBC? Where did you see this?
*98 is G711? What is G711 without Fax mode?


*96 and *98 I saw in the release notes for various versions in forums...

*91 and *97 I found by trying every * number between 00 and 99 and they were the only other ones not to give me a busy signal.

Geoff

Got it. So *91 and *97 may have some function behind them we don't know what they are.

Also since forum search here doesn't like 3 chars and special chars, I had to bing it and found....

https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgebase/hd-voice-faq

Try it first with HD voice disabled (dial *96 before you make the call), and then again with HD voice enabled to really hear the difference!

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4660

Add *98 to force G711 calls (without fax mode)

I still don't know what without fax mode means though :)
#75545 by murphy
Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:33 am
Echo cancellation is turned off in FAX mode so I'm guessing it means echo cancellation is left enabled.
#75546 by 2spirit
Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:01 am
From Release notes for Rev. 31387 it looks like *98 enables G711 codec on a per call basis . . . without actually having to enable fax mode in Preferences.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests