Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#73676 by smarsh99
Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:16 am
Getting some call transactions:

1. 2011/01/26 - 12:05pm call from work -----------> to ooma connected home number: FAIL: No ring, then fast busy
2. 2011/01/26 - 12:10pm call from work -----------> to ooma connected home number: FAIL: 1 Ring, then fast busy
3. 2011/01/26 - 12:11pm call from work -----------> to ooma connected home number: FAIL: No ring, then fast busy

Other times I get the expected 5-6 rings then the OOMA voicemail service, why would this be so erratic and unreliable?

Same thing with calling from other numbers, maybe 1 in 6 attempts is successful, incoming or outgoing.

Why is the OOMA device so poorly engineered that it cannot be behind a NAT?

Lame!
#73678 by highq
Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:51 am
You're wrong. My Telo has been on a NAT-ed LAN since the day I got it.

My main computer (it runs Unix) has two NICs. One uses a static public IP number, connected to my incoming DSL line.

The second NIC has a static IP number on a LAN using IP addresses drawn from a private non-routable subnet. On the LAN are several other computers, a wireless hub, a NAS, a printer, and my Ooma Telo, all running with static IP numbers..

The computer does routing, including NAT, between the two NICs. No big deal, and no problems.
#73689 by smarsh99
Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:09 pm
Thanks highq, your post gives me some hope that I will be able to get this sorted out.

Are you putting the OOMA in the DMZ?
#73704 by highq
Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:38 pm
I don't know why I should bother with any DMZ settings on the Telo, since it has no outbound connections to anywhere: the Home Port is empty.

OTOH, in order to access the Telo's internal web pages, I have of course asked it to forward port 80 to itself at 172.27.35.1.