Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#72649 by cld62034
Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:38 am
Greetings,
I just activated my Ooma today. Caller ID shows incoming caller as "UNKNOWN". I am having my current number ported over and I am using my existing phone number instead of a temporary number from Ooma.
Do I need to wait for the port process to complete before called ID will work?
Any thoughts on my issue?
Thanks.
#72650 by lbmofo
Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:45 am
You'd have to subscribe to callerid on your existing service in order to see incoming callerid in your particular setup. Even if you do, there are reported cases of it not working in landline integration mode (using your own number). In standalone mode (either Ooma assign you a number or after your port completes), the callerid works fine (some folks have issues with certain phone models such as GE for example but rare).
#72660 by cld62034
Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:23 am
Thanks for the information.
FYI.
I do have caller ID from current phone service provider (ATT).
I have a Panosonic DECT 6.0 connected to my Ooma (caller ID shows Unknown).
I have Vtech DECT 6.0 elsewhere in the house and the caller ID is working properly.
It appears that I will need to wait for the port process to complete to verify caller ID works with my phone and Ooma.
Thanks again.
#72666 by ntoy
Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:19 pm
cld62034 wrote:Thanks for the information.
FYI.
I do have caller ID from current phone service provider (ATT).
I have a Panosonic DECT 6.0 connected to my Ooma (caller ID shows Unknown).
I have Vtech DECT 6.0 elsewhere in the house and the caller ID is working properly.
It appears that I will need to wait for the port process to complete to verify caller ID works with my phone and Ooma.
Thanks again.

Hello,

Yes, currently a bug in our system with Landline config. Some options would be: You may want to keep a cid phone connected to your physical wall jack to receive cid from your provider or call our support folks to change you to a temp number or wait till porting completes.