Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#72587 by ssc2761
Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:02 pm
I'm in CA and we have a carrier here SureWest. When I try to dial a phone number from that company, it says to unblock my number and call back. My number is not blocked! Even when I *82 and call back, it says the same thing. So I cannot call the number at all. Anybody know how to correct this or what I can do?
#72801 by ssc2761
Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:18 am
I actually did spend about 45 minutes with techs support on this one. They tried a few different things like dialing 10 digits with and without *82 and dialing normal with or without *82. We had my buddy who owns the Surewest phone number I'm trying to call, turn off his anonymous call reject as well. I tested it by calling him from my cell phone number blocked, and the call did go through. Therefore, my Ooma number should go through whether its blocked or not. Ooma tech support told me to have my buddy do further troubleshooting on his end and tell his tech support to check their routing tables and what not. I will post the outcome here, but it doesn't look like I can call his number for some reason or other.
#72802 by thunderbird
Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:34 am
Seems like Ooma Support could do more. If it was me I'd call them about every day, every other day, every week, until you find someone that could help you. Or Ooma bumps the problem up a few service levels until you're helped.
#72876 by ssc2761
Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:09 am
The problem was solved, but not by Ooma. My buddy simply changed his phone number with his company Surewest. The new number goes through like normal. Not sure what that was all about, pretty wierd. Thanks for the help!