Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#72397 by renatae
Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:09 am
I've noticed all my incoming 800 calls (which read as "800 Service") are just annoyance numbers - telemarketers, solicitors, people from Sears asking you to extend warranties, etc. etc. Is there a way to blanket block them all?

Thanks in advance!
#72449 by DTMF
Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:08 pm
Be careful what you wish for here. Last month, I got a robocall with the time that a furniture delivery would occur that came in on an 800-number. Since I needed to know what time to be home to meet that delivery, I definitely wanted that call to come through and I had no idea what number it would have come from. I'm sure there are other examples, but this is an example of unintended consequences. ;)
#72486 by renatae
Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:23 pm
Thanks, my Ooma and cell are both on Do Not Call lists. :)

DTMF - thanks - I did have a sneaking suspicion that if I could manage to do that, I'd live to regret it! That's one reason i posted my question here. :cool:
#72491 by murphy
Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:36 am
The service department at my car dealership identifies as "800 Service" when they call.

A call from my bank to ask about a suspicious pre-charge from Spain on my debit card came from an 800 number. It was a fraudulent charge. My card was cancelled within two hours of the call. In spite of that the stupid bank let the actual charge go through three days later. It took a few more weeks of "paper work" to get my money back.