Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#72238 by hardyburnett
Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:44 pm
I have a couple of conference call numbers that I use all day, daily. As I dial them I consistantly get different results. It is extremely frustrating. When I look at the outgoing logs it appears that some digits I dial get an additional one added and therefore creates an incorrect outgoing number.
I.e. If I am dialing 123-456-7890 I may get...
123-445-6789 or...
123-456-6789 or...
123-345-6678
I have 10 digit dialing set, Ooma is plugged directly into my AT&T U-Verse router, I am using a Polycom speakerphone plugged directly into the ooma.
Help PLEASE!
#72243 by nn5i
Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:12 pm
That looks an awfully lot like a defective keypad on the telephone instrument you have connected to the Ooma. Have you used that phone successfully before, on a non-Ooma system? Ooma's system, because of a somewhat wacky way it treats touch-tones, may be more sensitive to noisy keypads than a pure landline system would be.

Even if you have used that phone successfully on a landline, I would recommend trying another, different phone with the Ooma. It's not a sure thing, but it may cure the problem.
#72483 by BackupBob
Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:10 pm
VoIP is not generally friendly toward DTMF dialing.

The service I used before Ooma would not reliably connect to a conference call. We had to use our one landline to make those calls.

Perhaps prefixing the call with *99, which conditions the call for fax, might help. You can also set the service permanently for fax but the Ooma Website says that degrades the call quality slightly.