Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#72213 by ccsint
Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:58 am
Hi all,

I've had ooma for a year now, behind the same router. Over the past few weeks, I've been having a problem with my Ooma Hub going offline (red) then switching to blue after a few seconds. I've tested my internet connection and everything appears fine..no packet loss whatsover.

How do I troubleshoot this? Firmware reset?

ccsint
#72220 by thunderbird
Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:07 am
Try This:
a. Temporarily access your Ooma device's “home port” by plugging in a patch (network) cable from the Ooma device's HOME port to a computer’s network card port. Sometimes you have to restart your computer after installing the patch cable, so that a proper connection occurs.
b. Type http://setup.ooma.com in you browser address window and hit enter. The “Ooma Setup” window opens.
c. In the left hand Navigation window, select “Network”.
d. Under “Network Settings” go to network connection: select the down arrow with your mouse and select “Automatic” (if not already configured to Automatic).
e. Enter the following:
i. Under “Modem Port MAC Address”, select Use Built in:
ii. Select the Update button.
g. Do a “cold boot” of the router.
h. After the router cold boot, do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device.
Try it and good luck.
#72631 by ccsint
Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:53 am
Thanks for the reply. I made the MAC address change, but am still having issues. This morning, every 30 seconds or so, I hear a "click" as it goes offline, then a few seconds later, another "click" as it goes back online.

Seems to be worse in the morning than in the evening. There is nothing at all to suggest internet issues. I wonder if my device is faulty..? Are there any diagnostic logs available?

ccsint
#72637 by thunderbird
Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:52 am
As a temporary test measure: Try connecting your Ooma device directly to your modem for a short period of time and see if that makes any difference. After reconnecting: Be sure to reboot your modem, than your Ooma device.