very low voicemail volume on calls coming into landline

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
scottlindner

very low voicemail volume on calls coming into landline

Post by scottlindner » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:21 pm

I just set up my parents with an Ooma Telo (I have the old school hub). I have them set up with landline integration until they port their number. They are complaining of voicemail being too quiet to hear. I believe, although have not proven yet, it only happens with calls coming in on their land line. Is there a way to increase the gain on the Telo when recording voicemail?

Cheers,
Scott

ntoy

Re: very low voicemail volume on calls coming into landline

Post by ntoy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:51 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately, this is bug 9538. Only on Landline config. If you press the play button, the voicemail greeting is normal volume.

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:53 pm

Is there an ETA for this to be fixed?

nskinla

Post by nskinla » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:23 pm

I'm not sure I understand the moderator's answer re: bug 9538. I still have my landline connected to Ooma because I have to separate my DSL from my phone service, then port my phone number over to Ooma. The voice mail volume on line 1 (coming into my landline) is very low, but voicemails from the second number I set up on Ooma are fine. Does this mean once I port the number over to Ooma that I should expect decent volume on line 1?

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:26 pm

nskinla wrote:I'm not sure I understand the moderator's answer re: bug 9538. I still have my landline connected to Ooma because I have to separate my DSL from my phone service, then port my phone number over to Ooma. The voice mail volume on line 1 (coming into my landline) is very low, but voicemails from the second number I set up on Ooma are fine. Does this mean once I port the number over to Ooma that I should expect decent volume on line 1?
That is my understanding.