Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#71541 by chunk73
Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:23 pm
Hi all. I tried calling my office today to check VM remotely and was connected to another company in the same town as me. I thought i dialed the number wrong and tried calling again, same thing happened. So i tried a bunch of other numbers at our office and the same thing happened, all the calls connected to another company in the same town as my office, it was the same company each time.

I called ooma support and they had me try 7, 10 and 11 digit dialing from both cordless and corded phones. All the calls except one of them went to the wrong company. There was only one time, when i was doing 7 digit dialing from the corded phone that it actually went through correctly to my office.

Any ideas what might be causing this? OOMA support had to escalate the case. Could it be just DTMF tones being picked up incorrectly by my ooma hub? I dont think it is this as we would be having issues with other calls, and all other calls are going through fine.

Or could it be a backend routing problem?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
#71560 by chunk73
Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:11 am
thunderbird wrote:It's always a routing problem. Probably a malfunctioning port(s). Your were wise to call Ooma Support, because they are the only ones, in most cases, that can correct this problem.


What do you mean by malfunctioning port(s)? Do you mean on my hub or on OOMA's side?

Thanks for the help
#71564 by chunk73
Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:53 am
Ok, i just stumbled across something interesting. If I dial *67 prior to making the calls to block my caller ID, whether they are 7, 10 or 11 digit dialing, they all go through fine. However when not blocking the caller ID they go to the other company.

What do you think that means?
#71575 by thunderbird
Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:26 am
chunk73 wrote:
Ok, i just stumbled across something interesting. If I dial *67 prior to making the calls to block my caller ID, whether they are 7, 10 or 11 digit dialing, they all go through fine. However when not blocking the caller ID they go to the other company.

chuck73: Your temporary fix is a good find. Be sure to call customer service to report what you found. It may help them to correct the problem.
#71578 by ntoy
Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:03 pm
chunk73 wrote:Ok, i just stumbled across something interesting. If I dial *67 prior to making the calls to block my caller ID, whether they are 7, 10 or 11 digit dialing, they all go through fine. However when not blocking the caller ID they go to the other company.

What do you think that means?


Hello,

That is odd. Did this start happening recently? Have you tried again, tried powering off for couple of minutes & power back up?
#71584 by chunk73
Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:07 pm
ntoy wrote:
chunk73 wrote:Ok, i just stumbled across something interesting. If I dial *67 prior to making the calls to block my caller ID, whether they are 7, 10 or 11 digit dialing, they all go through fine. However when not blocking the caller ID they go to the other company.

What do you think that means?


Hello,

That is odd. Did this start happening recently? Have you tried again, tried powering off for couple of minutes & power back up?


Yes, this only started happening within the past week. I have tried rebooting my device but that didnt help.
#71587 by ntoy
Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:24 pm
Hello,

On these outbound calls, can you send me a personal message & include: phone number, date, time, exactly what you hear instead of what you are suppose to hear.

Also, please provide some examples of using *67+number showing the successful call.

Thanks
#71595 by chunk73
Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:46 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello,

On these outbound calls, can you send me a personal message & include: phone number, date, time, exactly what you hear instead of what you are suppose to hear.

Also, please provide some examples of using *67+number showing the successful call.

Thanks


PM sent. Thanks for the help.
#71825 by chunk73
Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:20 am
Thanks to Norman Toy for helping to resolve this issue. Turned out to be a routing problem with a bunch of numbers at One communications. Norman was a huge help and everything is working properly again.

Thanks again Norm!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests