Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#70834 by gvaisey52
Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:18 pm
I activated my telo without an issue and added a 2nd line without an issue.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to use line 2 over line 1 on the telo without going into the web. I plan on using the 2nd line for my kids and want to toggle between them.

--George
#70837 by murphy
Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:32 pm
The lines and numbers are not related to each other at all.
The first call made uses line 1. If a second call is made while the first call is still in use it will use line 2.
It doesn't matter which number makes the first call, it will always use line 1.
#70840 by gvaisey52
Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:45 pm
Not how I iimagined it being used.

I want Line #1 for the family and line #2 for the kids and thought I could toggle between them easier. Oh well...

Thanks
#70845 by murphy
Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:33 pm
If you have a Telo handset and are a Premier subscriber you can make it a personal device and assign the second number to it.
The second number will only ring on the personal handset.
#70846 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:34 pm
murphy wrote:If you have a Telo handset and are a Premier subscriber you can make it a personal device and assign the second number to it.
The second number will only ring on the personal handset.

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... e%20device

On exception basis, you can even force a different callerid vs default:
viewtopic.php?t=9400#p65224
#71169 by oomg
Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:31 am
Don't know how I missed this one, but I am glad to hear that the two numbers with Premier can be segregated. However, I am still not overly fond of the Telo handset. My Christmas wish list includes a wireless "Scout" type device that would let me add my own phone or cordless base station.