Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#70564 by mfjhs
Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:58 pm
I just installed everything and I just realized that all incoming calls are getting forwarded directly to my cell phone even though call forwarding isn't even enabled. Does this have something to do with my number still being in the porting process? I can't find any reference to this at all. Outgoing calls have no problem.
#70575 by mfjhs
Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:28 pm
lbmofo wrote:Are you running Ooma standalone? (Did you get a number assigned by Ooma?)

I'm not sure what you mean by standalone. I didn't get a number assigned by ooma. When I was setting up everything, I choose the other option (don't recall the name now) other than an assigned number. Maybe I messed up with that? In my account, they have the number I'm currently porting at the top.
#70576 by lbmofo
Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:33 pm
So that means you are running in landline integration mode using your own number. You are feeding your landline (or existing phone service) dialtone into the "wall" port of your Ooma device correct?

Are you currently forwarding your existing service to your cell phone? Maybe that explains it?

To kick off the porting process, you'll need to go into my.ooma.com and purchase "number port" via "Add-ons."

Then, within my.ooma.com, you'll be able to see your "number port status."
#70577 by mfjhs
Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:59 pm
lbmofo wrote:So that means you are running in landline integration mode using your own number. You are feeding your landline (or existing phone service) dialtone into the "wall" port of your Ooma device correct?

Are you currently forwarding your existing service to your cell phone? Maybe that explains it?

To kick off the porting process, you'll need to go into my.ooma.com and purchase "number port" via "Add-ons."

Then, within my.ooma.com, you'll be able to see your "number port status."

Yes, you are correct!!!!

I forgot that Vonage "thinks" there's an outage so my incoming calls are getting forwarded to my cell. Will I not be able to use ooma for incoming calls the way I have it set up now? I've already initiated the port process. During setup, I was not given the option to use a temporary number like when I switched to Vonage.

Will I have to wait for the port to complete to receive incoming calls?
#70582 by lbmofo
Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:27 am
If you feed your vonage dialtone to the ooma wall port, Ooma should be able to receive incoming calls as well as dial out.

If you have issues with current setup. I would call Ooma customer service and change your setup to standalone. Get a temp number assigned by Ooma. Forward your Vonage number to your Ooma temp number while port is happening.
#70600 by lbmofo
Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:00 pm
With landline integration mode, I recall 2 reported issues for some folks. 1 is no incoming callerid, the other is Ooma voicemail greeting not coming on. With Vonage as your existing service feeding into the "wall" port of your Ooma, not sure if you are seeing callerid or not. With the Ooma voicemail greeting not coming on, is that because Vonage voicemail is picking up before Ooma?

In any case, if you call customer service, they can change your Ooma to run standalone (assign a new number) so you don't have to feed your Ooma with any dialtone. Then, you should be up and running without any issues. Before you port your Vonage number over, you'd just forward your Vonage number to your temp Ooma number and call out using your Ooma.