Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#70251 by engineman
Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:11 pm
Hi. I have had my Ooma Telo for about 6 months now. We have one problem that I would like to get resolved. When I'm talking to someone and I hear a call waiting tone, I hit the flash button on my cordless handset to switch over, but all I get is the Ooma dial tone instead of the other party and then I get a voicemail a couple of minutes later.

I have my Ooma connected to the house wiring but only one phone (a Panasonic KX-TG2214) connected to it. Does anyone know how to make my call waiting work? It is driving my wife nuts.
#70253 by lbmofo
Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:10 pm
Strange. It should work the way you described it. Can you try answering the call-waiting call by pressing line 1 or 2 next time? Also, have you tried a different phone to see if same problem?

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... %20waiting

Since you are feeding your dialtone into your house wiring, you are not in landline integration mode right? Also, is your house wiring disconnected from the telephone company at the NIB outside your house?
#72803 by mjdavis
Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:56 am
I had the same issue... do you have TWC digital phone? Are you still using landline integration?

The call waiting features of ooma and TWC are not compatible, if you port the TWC number to ooma, this will work normally... i tested it