Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#76511 by lbmofo
Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:36 pm
Yes, you answered my question. I was just wondering if you were still integrated with your landline service using your landline phone number with your Ooma.

*98 is same as *99 but with echo cancellation is my understanding.
#76532 by thunderbird
Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:12 pm
erikhord:
When you use *98 or *99 you are using a wider bandwidth. So maybe you ought to try to adjust your QoS setting either in the Ooma device or your router, which ever is connected closer to the Internet (or next in line after the modem). It might be worth a try.
#76536 by erikhord
Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:39 pm
Thunderbird, Thanks. What would I be adjusting though, the upstream I'm assuming? and if so to what? It's currently set based on Ooma tech support's suggestions.
#76544 by thunderbird
Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:29 pm
erikhord wrote:Thunderbird, Thanks. What would I be adjusting though, the upstream I'm assuming? and if so to what? It's currently set based on Ooma tech support's suggestions.

The upload/download settings provided by Ooma are just starting points. Record your present upload/download settings. Than I would try another 5 to 10 percent increase for both the upload and download speeds. Than I would test calling without the *98 or *99 to see if there is improvement. I would continue until I reached the spot (sometimes called the "sweet spot") or best possible out come.

How do you have your Ooma device connected, Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?
#76658 by erikhord
Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:23 am
thunderbird wrote:
The upload/download settings provided by Ooma are just starting points. Record your present upload/download settings. Than I would try another 5 to 10 percent increase for both the upload and download speeds. Than I would test calling without the *98 or *99 to see if there is improvement. I would continue until I reached the spot (sometimes called the "sweet spot") or best possible out come.

How do you have your Ooma device connected, Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?

Thanks I'll try that, I'm currently set up: Modem-Ooma-Router.