Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#69780 by MySandals
Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:38 pm
I want to set up a separate voicemail message and inbox for my 2nd line, can this be done and if so how? I cannot find any information on this, we have the Ooma Hub and Scout and want to use the Scout line for another family member in the house. Thanks.
#69781 by EricJRW
Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:56 pm
I'm curious as to this answer too... I seem to recall seeing that even a second mailbox is possible on the same number (i.e. "Press 1 for Eric and 2 for Thuy"), but I have yet to find any answer on more than one voice mailbox.
#69784 by murphy
Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:00 pm
MySandals wrote:I want to set up a separate voicemail message and inbox for my 2nd line, can this be done and if so how? I cannot find any information on this, we have the Ooma Hub and Scout and want to use the Scout line for another family member in the house. Thanks.

You have to create a personal device using the Scout's serial number.
Then you assign the second number to the Scout.
During that creation you will assign a password for the Scout's account.
You can log in to the Scout's account using the second phone number and the password that you just assigned.
#69785 by murphy
Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:01 pm
EricJRW wrote:I'm curious as to this answer too... I seem to recall seeing that even a second mailbox is possible on the same number (i.e. "Press 1 for Eric and 2 for Thuy"), but I have yet to find any answer on more than one voice mailbox.

There is only one mailbox on a number.
#69795 by EricJRW
Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:12 pm
murphy wrote:
EricJRW wrote:I'm curious as to this answer too... I seem to recall seeing that even a second mailbox is possible on the same number (i.e. "Press 1 for Eric and 2 for Thuy"), but I have yet to find any answer on more than one voice mailbox.

Thanks. So the only way to have multiple mailboxes is with multiple numbers?
#69868 by murphy
Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:13 am
EricJRW wrote:
murphy wrote:

Thanks. So the only way to have multiple mailboxes is with multiple numbers?

Yes
#69896 by EricJRW
Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:21 pm
Thanks murphy. Maybe someday my wife will see the value of Premier.