Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#69738 by Capt Lucky Dog
Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:33 am
Hello All,

I am having an issue when people call my OOMA phone from various area codes (+500 miles away), they recieve errors. For example, "the # you dialed can not be completed as dialed" or others.

Any ideas how to resolve?

CLD
#69745 by Jerry_NA
Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:38 am
1. Try searching the forums (fora?) for answers to your question. Other people have mentioned the same problem.

2. As I recall with my not great memory, this has happened to people who recently ported a telephone number away from another company. Their former carrier sometimes puts their number into an "inactive list", and does not route the call properly.

3. If you recently bought your Ooma device, then you may need to call Ooma customer service for them to help fix this problem.

4. You should collect more details. Do all of these people share any characteristics? Do all subscribe to the same carrier? Are they all calling from landlines or cellphones? This might help track down the cause of the problem.