Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#69450 by edod76
Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:36 pm
I have installed OOMA and I'm able to make calls, just not receive them. I connected everything like the instructions Modem --> Ooma --> Wireless Router --> PC. I did the reboot sequence suggested by support and some other forums. The only way for me to receive calls is if I connect the Ooma 'wall' jack to my landline, which defeats the purpose of getting Ooma.

My number is currently getting ported over and I am using a cable modem. All the preferences have been set to let all calls through and nothing. Nothing on the call long either. Any suggestions?
#69451 by lbmofo
Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:55 pm
You must be using your own number with Ooma while porting taking place and didn't get a different number assigned from Ooma.

I'd call into customer service and have a number assigned and have them change your Ooma to run in standalone mode (so you don't need to feed your Ooma any dialtone by connecting anything to the wall jack).

Once that's done, you can just forward your number to the Ooma assigned number.