This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#87904 by thunderbird
Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:01 pm
Greg4ooma wrote:Do these STATS look ok? Seems to be running good since the new OOMA box and #.

The Phonepower Speedtest results look very good, except the Download Consistency of Service reading is low. It should be around 80%. Probably changing the download QoS setting would change this reading. But if the Ooma Telo phone conversations are normal and without problems, leave it alone.
#88698 by hwmacc
Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:21 am
Last week, October 13, I began to have the same probelm with not being able to hear the party I called. They are not ATT, but are using a small town telephone system. I have had no previous problem with this since I installed my Telo last April 2011. Is it possible some update has caused this issue? The person I called checked with her phone company, and they insist they are not at fault. I have reported this to tech support and was advised to use *98 or *99 to complete my call whch does work solve the problem.
#88699 by thunderbird
Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:14 am
hwmacc wrote:Last week, October 13, I began to have the same probelm with not being able to hear the party I called. They are not ATT, but are using a small town telephone system. I have had no previous problem with this since I installed my Telo last April 2011. Is it possible some update has caused this issue? The person I called checked with her phone company, and they insist they are not at fault. I have reported this to tech support and was advised to use *98 or *99 to complete my call whch does work solve the problem.

Just for testing try using *96 as the prefix. If *96 works, (it's uses the normal iLBC Codec when the number is dialed, except I believe the HD function is removed), then maybe there is a problem with HD???

I also understand some routing changes have take place recently, which can also cause this problem.

In either case, the problem is on the Ooma Side, and they have to correct it.