This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#73996 by stubeeef
Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:47 am
what is a "power cycle"?
Is it unplugging and immediately replugging in?
Is it unplugging and waiting a minute or 5 or 10?
Is it unplugging the modem, the Ooma, waiting and replugging in with a certain order?
#73999 by thunderbird
Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:27 pm
The I/They can’t her Them/Me problems seems to have erupted in full force again. When this happens, what seems to be the best solution is for everyone to contact Ooma Customer service and report your symptoms.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#74010 by murphy
Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:04 pm
stubeeef wrote:what is a "power cycle"?
Is it unplugging and immediately replugging in?
Is it unplugging and waiting a minute or 5 or 10?
Is it unplugging the modem, the Ooma, waiting and replugging in with a certain order?

Unplug the modem, the Ooma, and the router.
Wait 30 seconds.
Plug in the modem and wait until it syncs with your ISP.
Plug in the Ooma and wait until it finishes startup (Hub - tab is blue, Telo - all lights blue).
Plug in the router and wait it completes initialization.

If the router and Ooma are in the other order, then their power up order reverses.

In other words start with the modem and power up in the same order that they are connected together.
#74282 by nn5i
Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:03 pm
thunderbird wrote:The I/They can’t her Them/Me problems seems to have erupted in full force again. When this happens, what seems to be the best solution is for everyone to contact Ooma Customer service and report your symptoms.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Ja, it happened to me today. I called a friend in area 503 and heard nothing for about ten seconds, then started hearing in the middle of her "please leave a message after the tone" message. Tried again, same thing.

I think Ooma's servers are overloaded and unable to keep up, and Ooma is in financial straits and unable to upgrade them or augment them. But that's just my uneducated guess.
#74283 by lbmofo
Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:10 pm
Looking up http://tnid.org by any chance is the number you are calling serviced by Pac-West?
Even if not, I am wondering if Pac-West is involved as Ooma carrier. RLS was having issues as of yesterday.
#74311 by nn5i
Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:19 am
lbmofo wrote:Looking up http://tnid.org by any chance is the number you are calling serviced by Pac-West?
Even if not, I am wondering if Pac-West is involved as Ooma carrier. RLS was having issues as of yesterday.

No, not Pac-West. And it's been happening on every call, including local calls. Haven't tried it today, stand by ... hmmm, problem seems to have gone away for the local call I just tried. Lessee, let's try a Dallas number, stand by ... seems to work for that, too. Maybe it's fixed. Wonder what the next problem will be? I'm glad that this one seems fixed, but I've had my Telo since last May, and there have been more problems, and more different problems, than I've experienced with telephone service in my entire life up to last May -- and I'm 70 years old.

The darned thing has paid for itself as of a couple weeks ago, and any additional service it renders will show a net gain, but I'm considering taking it out on the back patio and caressing it with a sledgehammer anyway, and reverting to a landline. I like things that just work without problems, all the time. Landlines do that, Telo doesn't.
#74321 by lbmofo
Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:54 am
These smaller problems outside of the more widespread outage incidents recently (no incoming calls) have been carrier dependent I think. I think we (from the northwest with XO communications as carrier) have been pretty lucky in that we weren't affected by any of these. Rock solid performance from our Ooma units.

BTW, who is your carrier nn5i?
#74322 by thunderbird
Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:17 am
We had similar problems for the past two days. Also sometimes when placing a call, we were unable to connect to the other party. Then we had reports that some other people couldn't connect to us. Others said they had to call us four times before connecting. Another problem was an echo and delay heard on our end only. And then there was the half duplex.

Of course I rebooted everything twice, with no help.

Yesterday afternoon by magic the echo/delay stopped.

This morning the calls from our side and the other side were going through again.

This morning there is full duplex again.

I wonder if the huge storm that went through during the last two days had anything to do with our problems?

Our carrier is Choice One Communications Inc.
#74344 by whitesig
Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:02 pm
I am having the same problem. When I unplug the ooma device and plug it back in everything works fine for a while.

Any ideas on how to fix.
#74382 by huynhl
Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:35 pm
I have the same problem, I noticed that many people have the same problem for a while back, but Ooma not able to resolve it. I'm frustrated.