This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#69565 by mxkied2
Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:31 am
I am having the same issue to AT&T land lines also. I have had a case open with ooma for at least a week now, still no resolution. If you are having this issue you need to call or open a ticket on-line. If more people report the problem Ooma will put more resources behind fixing it (hopefully)!
#69792 by ddff121
Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:20 pm
I am another person having this same issue. I cannot track it down to any specific phone number. The issue is extremely inconsistant, but frequent, way too frequent (daily). How can one contact Ooma directly.....an actual person to speak with. VERY FRUSTRATING! PATIENCE IS THIN!
#69793 by murphy
Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:28 pm
ddff121 wrote:I am another person having this same issue. I cannot track it down to any specific phone number. The issue is extremely inconsistant, but frequent, way too frequent (daily). How can one contact Ooma directly.....an actual person to speak with. VERY FRUSTRATING! PATIENCE IS THIN!

https://www.ooma.com/company/contact
#69849 by Jim F
Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:48 pm
I am having the same problem. Dial the number, it rings, and then nothing. It happens when my wife calls my office phone all the time. Has anyone who has had this problem get it resolved? How did you do it?
#69851 by Willywnkah
Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:25 pm
I am new to OOMA (2 days) and I have already experienced the same issue with two of my contacts. Different area codes between the numbers but the common thread is they both have AT&T land lines.

Ooma better get this fixed quick or back goes Ooma to Costco along with my recommendation to avoid Ooma on the Costco Website.
#69853 by lbmofo
Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:35 pm
Willywnkah wrote:I am new to OOMA (2 days) and I have already experienced the same issue with two of my contacts. Different area codes between the numbers but the common thread is they both have AT&T land lines.

Ooma better get this fixed quick or back goes Ooma to Costco along with my recommendation to avoid Ooma on the Costco Website.

If you just signed up and don't care about the number you got assigned, call into customer service and get another number assigned to see if that helps the problem. Could be routing issues and the quickiest way to resolve for new customer is to get a different number.
#69855 by Willywnkah
Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:57 pm
I am porting my number from Vonage - slated to be complete before Christmas. Hopefully the issue will not follow with the change.

Thanks.
#69859 by southsound
Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:07 pm
Willywnkah wrote:I am porting my number from Vonage - slated to be complete before Christmas. Hopefully the issue will not follow with the change.

Thanks.

If you are unhappy with how things are now and are porting anyways, I wonder why you said you were going to take your unit back to Costco and issue a bad review? I would do as lbmofo suggested and see if you can get your system working acceptably before they port your number over and you have to deal with porting it back. If their service isn't any better with the new number, then I'd cancel the port and get a refund of the porting fees. Just my humble opinion, but I don't like enduring pain if I can avoid it.