This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#68234 by RyanGambrill
Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:17 pm
I am having problems. During most of my calls to specific phone numbers, I hear the phone ring and then when the other party picks up I cannot hear them. But they say that they can hear me. When they call me back, we continue our conversation.

Thoughts?
#68257 by Leeway
Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:39 pm
First thought is always to reboot everything in the correct order. IE. Modem - Router - Telo. That does wonders so much of the time. Hope it will help.

Donna
#68258 by Davesworld
Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:16 pm
Hmmm, if it does it only on some numbers and not others, it sounds like a call routing issue to me.
#68268 by RyanGambrill
Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:18 am
I am thinking call routing as well. It is definitely an Ooma issue as I have isolated the problem.

Last night I used Google Voice to make a call and connected the call to my Ooma home phone number. The call rang through with no problem, but the other party answered with a "dead line". I ended up calling from my cell phone.

I also implemented the changes to my firewall. Did not seem to help.
#68653 by lbmofo
Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:02 am
Probably need to cite some example calls and have customer service investigate what seems to be a routing issue.
#69368 by SteveK
Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:29 am
I have the same problem with not being able to hear the other party, but they can hear me. It only seems to happen on outgoing calls. I have noticed it on calls within our local area code. The problem corrects by hanging up and calling the party back, usually on the first call back but not always. It would be nice to find a permanent fix.
#69372 by ntoy
Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:19 pm
Hello SteveK,

Is this happening on all outbound calls? If you hang up & call back again & it is fine - sounds like it maybe be an issue with
a bad port or switch with our carrier. Please capture recent call examples when contacting our support folks. Please include:
date,time, caller's phone number(carrier), & exact symptom you are experiencing.

Thx
#69428 by Cari
Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:32 pm
I am having the exact same problem!!!! It specifically happens with the one number I call the most and then they have to call me back. Very annoying. When I first purchased the device I did not have this problem with the number. My hope is that this does not continue with other phone numbers. So far a successful workaround is to dial out via google voice.

Ultimately I would love a way to fix the problem with out a work around.
#69429 by Cari
Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:34 pm
ps. my carrier of the person I am calling is AT & T. When I called Ooma to tell Comcast my internet carrier to adjust the jitter. Of course comcast had no idea what I was talking about.

I also did a manual adjustment in the settings with the help of rep after doing various tests but it did not seem to help....