This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#68050 by DrewAZ
Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:58 pm
I've had my Ooma hub for over a year and all worked well until recently.

Now, during a phone call the other person can't hear me ... I hear them perfectly. No change in phone, computer or modem settings ... and my internet service is working during these events. I'm not downloading or uploading ....

Any suggestions?

Thanks
#68337 by oomg
Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:32 am
I have been experiencing a similar problem at one of the two locations I have Ooma installed. Both locations have an Ooma Hub/Scout (with Premier service) in place. At my second location, I also installed a Telo (again with Premier). A couple months back, I started experiencing a situation whereby sporadically, my call would go through and I could hear the other person just fine, but they could not hear me. Naturally, I thought it might have something to do with the Telo system. So, I moved the Telo to my first location. Problem eliminated as far as the Telo is concerned, but still have the same problem with calls made from the Hub/Scout at the second location (still sporadic and unpredictable). Leads me to believe that it may have more to do with the internet connection. Next, I may swap the Hub/Scout and the Telo at the second location to confirm that there isn't anything wrong with either of my Ooma units.
#68366 by mailman100b
Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:04 pm
Hi,

My housemate just had the same experience. 3 calls in a row. I call using 10 digit dialing and haven't had that problem.

It's strange, 10 number dialing doesn't do that, but leaving off the area code when calling within the same area code seems to make it happen. I'm set up to not have to dial 1 before placing a call.

What happens when you dial a local number without an area code and then press # ...I read that here online in the Ooma site. It supposedly makes the call get placed without the brief delay you get when using 7 digit dialing (not using the area code.

It's worth a try.
#68559 by mailman100b
Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:09 am
I had this happen to me last night as well. Ten vs seven digit dialing didn't make a difference. Anyone hear of a fix for this?

Would integrating a Google voice number be a work around?